Due to ongoing expansion, we have a opportunities for Multi Skilled Engineers to join our. Do you want to be part of the driving force behind our success and further your career at the same time and earn a minimum of £598 per week?
Want to earn to an additional £300 after your first 26 weeks of employment?
What’s in it for you as a Multi Skilled Engineer?
• Hourly pay rate: £14.24 plus shift premium of £1.65
• Paid weekly
• Opportunities for overtime
• Employee benefits include a competitive pension and access to lifestyle and wellbeing resources
• A safe dynamic working environment
• £300 incentive payment (£150 paid at 13 weeks and £150 paid at 26 weeks continuous service, T&Cs apply)
• Opportunity to earn £200 if you successfully refer a friend or family member for a job with us (T&Cs apply)
• Training and development opportunities from day one
This position is ideally suited to someone with a minimum Level 3 qualification in Engineering and preferably IEE 17th or 18th Edition.
Purpose of the role:
As a Multi skilled Engineer operating from a well-established animal feed mill, you will optimise machinery output and product quality, and minimise plant downtime through effective preventative maintenance and efficient breakdown response whilst maintaining a safe and healthy environment and promoting good engineering practices.
A fast-paced, dynamic Feed manufacturing environment which is noisy and dusty in some areas, manufacturing animal feeds where hygiene standards are critical. The role is predominantly factory based.
Your key responsibilities as a Multi Skilled Engineer will include:
• Assist in building an up-to-date PPM system and ensuring planned maintenance is carried out professionally and promptly.
• Ensure the Engineering maintenance carried out in line with the current schedule and effective and efficient corrective action is taken.
• Quick and effective response to breakdowns, where possible identifying root cause and suggesting possible improvements to prevent further breakdowns occurring.
• Communicate unscheduled breakdowns to the Shift Supervisor and work with the operations department to minimise plant disruption.
• Reporting and tracking lost time, cause of breakdowns, record parts used/required
• Follow good engineering standards and good hygiene practice for the department.
• Ensure all activities are carried out within company and legislative health and safety and environmental guidelines reporting any issues.
• Assist in PUWER, LOLER, Risk Assessments and fall out work associated.
• Ensure compliance through regular process weigher and Liquid meter calibrations (weights and measures Act)
• Proficient in engineering operations whilst working in hazardous environments (Confined Space Entry, Hot working in confined spaces, WAH)
• Proficient in site services work procedures.
• Participate in Mechanical projects and installations – Elevators, conveyors, machine installs, machine refurbishment.
• Participate in Electrical projects and installations – Panel manufacture and installation, PLC upgrades, PAT testing,
• Efficient operations of effluent plant systems ensuring environmental compliance.
• Understand the operations of fire suppression systems – Fire Trace, Sprinkler system, Hydrant system.
• Follow the communicated escalation route for unscheduled plant downtime and minimise downtime by following a good engineering practice.
• Demonstrate understanding of environmental impacts – DSEAR, Dust controls and Explosion mitigation.
• Raise spares stock and non-stock request forms/emails.
What we are looking for:
• It is essential that you are qualified in a relevant engineering trade with 4 + years of engineering experience and an Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering
• You will have a full understanding of mechanical processes and assemblies including Electrical or welding/fabrication experience
• Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multi-task and thrive in a timeline-driven environment
• Interpersonal communication skills
• Flexibility with a positive attitude and the ability to work well within a team
• Basic computer skills for typing handovers, ordering spares etc. (Microsoft Excel, Word, emails)
• Food manufacture experience desirable
• IEE 17th or 18th Edition desirable
• PLC experience desirable
• Air and pneumatics trained desirable
• Boiler Operator Accreditation Scheme (BOAS) certification desirable
Working Hours and Shift Pattern:
Rotating shifts 18.00 – 06.00 and 06.00 – 18.00
The JFR Group Ltd act as an Employment Agency for permanent roles and an Employment Business for temporary opportunities