QA Manager – Food
Location: Isle of Bute, West Coast of Scotland, Argyll and Bute
Salary: £To attract the best, Excellent benefits. Relocation assistance & accommodation package on offer
Are you a Quality Manager within the Food Manufacturing/Retail sector, able to drive standards, meet BRC and audit requirements and are you looking for your next challenge? If so Bute Island Foods, who are part of a fast paced and global food business group, are looking for you.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our enthusiastic Technical Team at our fast-growing manufacturing premises, on a full-time permanent basis working on the beautiful Isle of Bute in Western Scotland.
- Are you able to demonstrate two or more years’ experience as a Quality Assurance Manager working within the food industry?
- Ideally have experience of Chilled, Free From or Vegan Manufacturing requirements.
- Qualified in HACCP and Food Hygiene trained at Level 4 or above.
- Experienced in dealing with the major retailers, in relation to audits etc.
- Experienced with Quality Management Systems, GMP, and legislative compliance standards.
- Able to demonstrate a good level of numeracy – ability to calculate & report on performance & KPIs
- Able to work in a controlled manner under pressure
Reporting to the Head of Technical as Quality Manager, you will promote and support a continuous improvement-based Food safety and Quality culture across the site in line with the business Technical strategy and policy.
- Leading & ensuring that product compliance, food safety & quality are maintained at all times.
- Prioritising, managing and escalating risks to the business that relate to Technical/Quality compliance, Food Safety & brand integrity through effective incident management & trend analysis of non-conformances.
- Driving a culture of continuous improvement through effective data collection, monitoring, trending and reporting of site Quality KPI’s.
- Actively developing the site Quality culture through direct corrective actions & improvement plans, including effective and value adding procedures through the shift Technical and Operations teams.
- Ensuring site compliance to both internal & external audit programs, continuously maintaining and driving standards.
- Assisting with and leading external audits & customer visits.
- Ensuring that incident management & corrective action plans and improvement projects are delivered in a timely manner
With 30 years’ experience we’re one of the UK’s leading manufacturers and suppliers of dairy, lactose and gluten free vegan cheese products. Our Sheese range is award winning, and we’re proud to say that all of our products are certified Vegan, and most are Kosher too. The company has ambitious plans to expand which includes the development of new products to target the vegan market all over the world. Bute Island Foods is one of the region’s great business success stories and is now the Isle of Bute’s largest single employer.
Due to the high volume of responses to online advertisements, regrettably we are only able to acknowledge successful applications. If you have not been contacted within 7 days, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
To apply for this role of QA Manager, please contact Max Cable at Silven, on 07792 465247 and email firstname.lastname@example.org ,quoting the reference: MC/BIFQAM