This well-known organisation acts as the voice of the UK food and drink industry - the largest manufacturing sector in the country. Working in partnership with global brands, leading UK retailers and thriving food and drink related SME, the business supports business to ensure food is safe, affordable and nutritious, keeping consumers informed and ultimately up to date with current related.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to join a well-known and established business where you will be working with a variety of food/beverage business and leading UK food retailers. The role will focus principally on identifying and establishing food sector opportunities with companies that work and operate within the wider food industry areas.
- Identifying and setting up of new customer groups in specialist food sector areas and develop these relationships to covert prospect into customers.
- Work with internal colleagues from the food safety team, to support customers.
- Providing advice and guidance to customers
- Working with colleagues across the business to ensure that customers are engaged
- Creating website content, including microblogs
- Supporting the customers & commercial team with events
- Knowledge of the food and drink industry
- Relevant experience in industry, trade association or similar organisation is desirable
- Experience working in the food industry is desirable
- Responsible self-starter
- Interest in developing commercial skills
- Good administrative ability and able to manage a diverse workload and a wide range of issues
- Good ability to sustain a range of working relationships
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- IT literate with experience of Word, PowerPoint and Excel
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with your CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of James Constable.
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.