Our Client, a fast paced, high volume manufacturer of chilled foods for the major retailers, is looking for a Process Development Technologist for their site based in Kent / Greater London. This role is to assist in the development of new, profitable and deliverable product concepts and to provide process and technical support in product development. This will include successful transfer from kitchen to factory launch, meeting the customer requirements for shelf life, commercial targets, consistency and organoleptic characteristics.
Reporting to the Process Development Manager, key accountabilities for the role are:
• Organising factory / pre-launch and shelf-life trials as required
• Ensuring product & recipe manual is maintained and kept up to date at all times with all necessary sign offs
• Ensuring that products meet the correct customer criteria and that all relevant departments have the necessary information to complete the customer requirements for launch critical path
• Undertaking traceability exercises as requested
• Generating Quality Attribute Information for all new products
• Organising factory samples as appropriate for each stage in the critical path
• Collating information from all practical work & interpret and feeding back any relevant results to the Concept Development Technologist for possible product amendment or discussion with the customer
• Assisting & supporting the Process Development Manager as appropriate with customer presentations and panels
• Providing a tangible input into the ongoing improvement of product quality of existing dishes as part of the development team
• Providing input with technical / operations after product launch to ascertain if any further improvements can be made
Essential skills and experience include:
• Ideally educated to Degree level, you will either be a proven Process Development Technologist or have worked in a relevant role ready to step up
• A background in meat processing and / or short shelf-life chilled foods is desirable but other complex food product backgrounds will be considered
• Confident in your approach, you will have great interpersonal skills and will be able to develop good working relationships with colleagues and customers at all levels
• This role requires strong communication across the business and is a key contact between several departments
• Exceptional project management skills and a demonstrable track record in delivering projects on time and meeting customer expectations
• A well-established multi-site chilled food manufacturer
• Modern and well invested sites
• Supplying major retailers across the UK
The working hours for this role are Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm, with some flexibility required. Salary of up to £28k.
If you are interested in applying for this Process Development Technologist role please apply AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4647 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.