PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
— BRAND & OWN LABEL
Competitive basic plus car or car allowance & benefits
Flexible working, East Midlands based
We are the Moguntia Food Group which includes Moguntia Food Ingredients, Sherriffs Foods, Fosters Foods and Hay Hampers and we have an exciting vacancy for a Product Development Manager to be based at our Market Harborough site.
Our employees are the group’s most valued assets, and you would be part of the UK-based family. We are very ‘customer centric’, putting the customer at the heart of everything we do and together as ONE team we work towards the success of those customers.
As a key strategic player, we need you to bring your energy and drive to help create momentum and implement our plans for growth. Joining a strongly entrepreneurial business, you will need to be able to balance the ethos of the brand alongside commercial acumen and awareness. Most importantly, you will need a genuine passion to make things happen.
About the job (exciting stuff)
This exciting role will be responsible for leading the development of our brands and private label across the business through a team of three direct reports. Tasked with creating plans that motivate, engage and inspire the wider business — delivering both top & bottom-line growth in the portfolio whilst enhancing the brand.
Working in a cross-functional structure you will need to be a collaborative team player that can influence across the organisation, you will:
• Grow core range value and value share through mix, design & communications
• Launch EPD & NPD to enhance appeal and optimise shopper conversion across the ranges, managing all activities on-time and to budget.
• Develop the annual plan to drive further growth.
• Actively manage projects according to procedure and critical path requirements, working closely with traded supplier product development teams/leads to ensure effective delivery of NPD/EPD from sample generation through factory trials to first production and product launch.
• Ensure all relevant information is passed to technical in a timely manner to complete customer specifications, artwork & internal paperwork.
About you (more exciting stuff)
First of all, you’re a ‘foodie’ with a love for food, whether brands or retailer brands, you love the strategic and hands-on challenge of developing new food concepts.
You have grown your career journey either in a brand-led or retailer-brand food company, where you are currently working as Assistant NPD Manager or Assistant Innovation Manager looking for your next career step up move. Alternatively, you could be a more experienced NPD or Innovation Manager looking for a fresh challenge where you can play a central role across our group, where you can really make things happen — oh, and get the recognition/rewards for your food creations!
So, if the above opportunity whets your appetite, please apply by quoting reference number MS/2305, together with your CV and current benefits package details to email@example.com or call Mark Smith on 07747 847214 for an initial confidential discussion.
All direct and third-party applications will be forwarded to SmithCarey.
Closing date for applications: 8TH August 2022