£35,000 - £40,000
North West – Greater Manchester
Chilled, Prepared Food
Job ref: 8222
The business is a well-established chilled manufacturer that produces both own brand and retailer products which are supplied into the major UK multiples.
With a brand-new manufacturing unit, the business has undergone rapid growth and success with more exciting expansion plans on the way.
About the QA Supervisor job
The purpose of your role will be to implement the quality and process audit service to ensure the objectives detailed in the quality manual are achieved, and to ensure product safety, legality and quality are achieved and maintained.
- Assist in the operation of the QA function by maintaining satisfactory standards of performance regarding food safety, hygiene, discipline and health and safety.
- Complete QA tasks in their absence such as glass & plastic audits, foreign body audits, shelf-life monitoring, and process checks.
- Assist the department in the preparation for customer visits and audits.
- Carry out training, development, and performance monitoring of the Quality Auditors.
- Liaise with external laboratory, organise the laboratory schedule, and action any out of specification results.
- Assist in customer complaint investigations.
- Issue and report any non-conformances, place non-conforming stock on hold, and ensure the hold procedure is followed correctly.
Skills & experience required for the QA Supervisor job
- Strong quality assurance track record within the food manufacturing industry.
- Educated to a degree level in food science, food technology or related subject is preferred.
- Experience training other staff members.
- HACCP 2/3, Food Hygiene 2/3, and Internal Auditing qualifications are preferred.
- A background of working in chilled, high risk or prepared products is highly desirable.
- Collate, audit and archive production process paperwork, ensuring document control is correct.
The QA Supervisor job is based in Greater Manchester and is paying £35,000 - £40,000 according to your experience.
The working hours are Monday to Friday.
How to apply
Please click the Apply button to be considered for the QA Supervisor job.
After you submit your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days, assuming that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
Quality Supervisor | QA Supervisor | Quality Assurance Supervisor | Quality Manager | Senior Quality Auditor | QA Team Leader