Our client is a leading food manufacturer, who show their passion for food across their products and processes, now seeking a product development manager to manage a team of three, develop the EPD and NPD lifecycle for their expanding range of products.
This exciting role will be responsible for leading the development of our brands and private label across the business through a team of three direct reports. Tasked with creating plans that motivate, engage and inspire the wider business — delivering both top & bottom-line growth in the portfolio whilst enhancing the brand.
Working in a cross-functional structure you will need to be a collaborative team player that can influence across the organisation, you will:
- Grow core range value and value share through mix, design & communications
- Launch EPD & NPD to enhance appeal and optimise shopper conversion across the ranges, managing all activities on-time and to budget.
- Develop the annual plan to drive further growth.
- Actively manage projects according to procedure and critical path requirements, working closely with traded supplier product development teams/leads to ensure effective delivery of NPD/EPD from sample generation through factory trials to first production and product launch.
- Ensure all relevant information is passed to technical in a timely manner to complete customer specifications, artwork & internal paperwork.
- A real foodie, you may have product development experience with the meat industry, or seasonings, or perhaps sauces
- A pro-active problem solver, continuously seeking to improve methods and procedures
- Organised and able to ensure high levels of data accuracy
- A natural relationship builder, developing strong internal and external customer relationships
- Finely tuned communication skills, excellent diplomacy and able to deal at all levels
- A science degree, preferably in food processing, food science, food technology or related science discipline
- Proven ability to deliver projects on time and to commercial target
- A clear understanding of HACCP and food safety
- The role involves managing a team of three, so some experience of line managing or mentoring would be helpful
- Astute commercial awareness
- A flexible attitude and an open mind
Ref Code: FMW40628
To apply or for more information, please e-mail in strict confidence, with an updated CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of Lisa Fox
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.