Prepared Food & Ingredients
Job ref: 8226
Founded over 35 years ago, this leading specialist food manufacturer supplies high-quality food products to the retail trade, foodservice industry, and further food manufacturing.
The company is passionate about creating high-quality products and providing a brilliant customer experience, together with their dedication to food trends and innovation.
About the Technical Assistant job
The purpose of your role will be to assist the Technical Manager with ensuring that all matters relating to food safety, technical, legality and quality are adhered to and maintained.
- Deal with and investigate customer complaints, making sure they are thoroughly investigated, and the root cause established.
- Conduct GMP Audits and issue non-conformances for corrective actions.
- Trend results and generating monthly technical reports.
- Assist the Technical Manager with BRCGS and customer audits.
- Issue internal audits and maintain the site’s internal audit systems.
- Work alongside NPD to gather information on new products from kitchen samples, factory trials and to launch
- Assist in HACCP reviews.
- Assist in collecting and sending micro/chemical samples to the laboratory for analysis.
- Organise the testing of equipment that requires calibration.
- Assist in the maintenance of site documentation and traceability.
Skills & experience required for the Technical Assistant job
- Previous experience working in a food manufacturing technical role.
- Understanding of internal and customer specifications.
- Understanding of BRCGS, HACCP and Food Safety Quality Management Systems.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels.
- A strong passion for quality and technical with ambitions for continuous improvements and promoting a positive food safety culture.
The Technical Assistant job is based in South Yorkshire and is paying £27,000.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 8.30 am - 5.30 pm.
How to apply
Please click the Apply button to be considered for the Technical Assistant job.
After you submit your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days, assuming that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
Technical Administrator| Technical Admin Assistant | Technical Coordinator | Food Technologist | Technical Information Officer | Food Technical Jobs