£24,000 - £27,000 + benefits
Job ref: 8184
This role is working for an award-winning, prepared food manufacturer that creates delicious and innovative products that are supplied to and sold in all the major UK retailers and high-quality independent retail outlets.
About the NPD Technologist job
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Junior New Product Development Assistant / Technologist to work in a small fast-paced team to develop and learn.
You will be an integral member of the NPD team to develop new products and provide support for the Sales, Technical and Production departments during each stage of development from kitchen concept to launch.
- Day to day maintenance of NPD recipes and NPD paperwork, including updating recipes and supplier ingredient specifications.
- Liaise with the team and factory on daily requirements of raw materials and ingredients for developing and updating new products to customer expectations.
- Making concept samples for customer presentations, customer reviews and PR and photography requests.
- Assist with the development of product cooking instructions.
- Concept recipe development either to a brief or ‘blue sky’ development.
- Coordinate nutritional and shelf-life samples from new or engineered recipe trials.
- Involvement with packaging development in line with customer, product and production requirements.
- Request flavours and raw material samples from suppliers.
Skills & experience required for the NPD Technologist job
This role would suit an energetic and eager Food Science or Food Technology graduate who is looking to start their food NPD career.
There are fantastic learning and development opportunities provided plus the chance to work closely with UK retailers and key customers.
- Food Science or Food Technology qualification
- Experience of working within a New Product Development environment is highly preferred - such as a university placement.
- Confidence to assist with or lead customer presentations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a large range of customers.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and quick to learn.
- Full driver’s license required
- A passion for food with an open approach to innovation, processes, and concepts.
- PC Literate with knowledge of Excel, Powerpoint etc.
The NPD Technologist job is based in Norfolk and is paying £24,000 - £27,000 according to your experience.
The package includes Company Profit Related Bonus Scheme, Staff Shop, company subsidised hot meals, Monthly Staff draw and a dedicated Training Development Manager to support you with ongoing training opportunities.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 8.30 am – 5 pm with a 30 minute lunch break.
How to apply
To be considered for the NPD Technologist job, please click the Apply button.
After you have submitted your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days on the assumption that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
New Product Development Technologist | NPD Technician | Food Product Developer | Food Product Development | Food Science Jobs | Food Manufacturing Jobs | Food NPD Jobs