Assistant Shipping Manager
£25,000 - £30,000
Ambient Food Ingredients
Job ref: 8186
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly successful business which provides the best quality products together with excellent customer service.
Products are sourced from all over the world, and through a robust supply chain process, are supplied to further food manufacturing and speciality wholesalers.
About the Assistant Shipping Manager job
The purpose of your role will be to organise the efficient and cost-effective shipment of edible goods from all over the world to customers based in the UK, EU, and USA.
- Negotiate freight rates from overseas origins to country of sale.
- Maintain records of all current freight costs and communicate that information to the Commercial Team.
- Monitor shipment of called-off goods and take any actions necessary to maintain the estimated shipment programme.
- Arrange clearance of all goods in full accordance with Tariffs and any quotas.
- Arrange inland haulage and work with warehouses and customers to ensure smooth and timely arrival into store.
- Evaluate the most cost-effective route/method of transporting goods from origin to Customer and adopt changes as identified necessary.
- Manage damages to goods-in-transit and arrange debits on suppliers/shipping lines, as necessary.
- Manage any insurance claims resulting from transit damage.
- Check incoming invoices against original costings and authorise for payment, investigating any variances.
Skills & experience required for the Assistant Shipping Manager job
- Solid experience in a related food supply chain related role such as shipping, logistics, freight movement, transport etc.
- Knowledge of import, export and customs experience is preferred.
- Highly organised with good numerical, negotiation and analytical ability.
- Strong communicator and good relationship building skills.
- IT literate.
The Assistant Shipping Manager job is based in Surrey and is paying £25,000 - £30,000 according to your experience.
The package includes bonus, pension, and 23 days of annual leave plus bank holidays.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm.
How to apply
To be considered for the Assistant Shipping Manager job, please click the Apply button.
After you have submitted your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days on the assumption that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
Logistics Coordinator | Assistant Logistics Manager | Supply Chain Coordinator | Freight Assistant | Supply Chain Assistant | Transport Manager | Distribution Coordinator