If you're a professional Chef who loves creating new dishes, yet wants to enjoy life outside of work, then this could be the answer to your prayers!
We're offering you the chance to work in a company that is steeped in heritage, whilst staying at the forefront of innovation and food trends. We want you to have a life, not just a career. Working smart not just hard.
In this role you will create new additions to menus and SKUs that are popular within grocery retailers and foodservice providers. You'll bring ideas to life and work with the NPD team, factory, and commercial departments in bringing new savoury and sweet pastry products to the UK masses. You don't need to have been involved with pastry but if you have that experience you should consider this for sure. A diverse range of food knowledge is preferrable here.
So, what's needed, what do we want?
- Cooking flair - competence and technical know-how of various cuisines
- Strong communication skills across diverse audiences and presenting in front of panels of decision makers within Commercial and Procurement departments
- An innate ability to research, trial, test, and stay on top of what's hot and not
- Experience of working within a manufacturing business, producing products to scale
- Self-awareness - this isn't a role for an egomaniac. Criticism will come thick and fast from those that know…
- Numeracy - proficient with costings and understanding what's commercially viable, not just a concept
You'll work on both sweet and savoury pastry products as well as Ready Meal dishes, so the variety and challenge is there to keep you on your toes and developing.
A Development Chef who is looking for their next career step, seeking a long-term career option that rewards you and promotes you in time to come, this is it. Get your details to me and let's start considering why you're going to love this move.