Our client, a leading international supplier of chilled food products is looking for a Specification Technologist for their site based in Cambridgeshire. The successful candidate will work closely with internal teams and suppliers to create, maintain and update accurate product specifications for products across our site.
Reporting to the Head of Process Control, responsibilities for the role will include:
• The coordination and checking of artwork to ensure that products comply with all relevant legislation
• Writing product specifications for all new product lines on both web based and internal systems as well as coordinating / distributing the artwork for checking within the given timescales
• Maintenance & update of internal and customer product specifications, making the necessary amendments as required within given timescales
• Escalating potential risks and identifying potential resolutions where possible
• Assisting the Specification and development teams, achieving a right first-time experience for the customer, with minimal pre-launch amendments
Essential / Desirable skills include:
• Experience in food manufacturing, specifically regarding completing specifications and artwork as well as experience in working with suppliers.
• Experience completing finished product major retailer specifications would be a distinct advantage.
• Awareness of concerns regarding nutrition, food tolerance and allergens
• Strong administrative, organisational and communication skills
• Strong IT skills including experience of using web-based specifications systems and will ideally hold a degree in Food Science/Technology or equivalent
• Self-motivated and a flexible and enthusiastic approach
• One of the UK’s leading Chilled Food Companies producing innovative and tasty products
• A complex and varied range of products, customers and packaging formats
• Site operates to the highest industry standards, where Food Safety and Quality are a key priority
• Pride themselves on creating high quality food and exceed many recognised industry standards
• Care about their people
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week The salary for the role is highly competitive.
If you are interested, please respond AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4666 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.