A global business, iconic brands, a rich heritage, a leading food/drinks organisation, multi-sited factories across most continents… these are all hallmarks of this blue chip, instantly recognisable business. Their values embrace serving customers with quality products again and again and their culture enables their management and operational teams to aspire to greater achievement and the fulfilment of career aspirations.
The role will be responsible for packaging development for new products, cost innovation, packaging sustainability and system /process improvement projects for a range of branded products covering a range of finish products including drinks, sauces, hot drinks and much more!
- Collaboration with marketing team to identify packaging concepts based on market trends and consumer needs.
- Developing optimal packaging solutions for primary, secondary and tertiary packaging components
- Creating Prototypes, making dummy samples, conducting performance tests on packaging materials and packaged products
- Trial protocol generation, analysis of trial data and manage change
- Conducting packaging materials components performance tests and make assessments for new product development (NPD), existing product improvement and cost saving initiatives
- Drive value engineering /cost saving initiatives and sustainability initiatives on time and within budget, with technical excellence.
- Ensure cross-functional collaboration with Procurement, supply chain, marketing, finance to deliver new packaging projects on time with within
- Conducting competition benchmark regularly, desktop research and studies for packaging innovation and improvements vendor visits and travel for production/packaging
- Degree in packaging technology/Polymer Science/Plastic Technology/Material science
- Experience of working within a similar packaging development role, ideally within the FMCG sector.
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with your CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of James Constable
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.