This well-known organisation acts as the voice of the UK food and drink industry - the largest manufacturing sector in the country. Working in partnership with global brands, leading UK retailers and thriving food and drink related SME, the business supports business to ensure food is safe, affordable and nutritious, keeping consumers informed and ultimately up to date with current related.
Lead a small team, the regulatory manager will ensure an appropriate flow of information to help enable customers continue to provide safe and authentic food in an appropriate regulatory environment. As the regulatory and technical lead for food hypersensitivity (allergy and intolerance) policy, developing policy asks, you will support the business and act as the main point of contact on technical and regulatory issues within this area. This position will play an important role in ensuring that companies are kept up to date across a broad range of policy and regulatory requirements, ensuring information is tailored to specific requirements.
- Lead work on food hypersensitivity (allergy and intolerance)
- Lead work on food authenticity including an understanding of likely risk areas and future technologies
- Develop and deliver a forward strategy to support food safety policy
- To work closely with team to ensure appropriate input to Food Safety Committee
- Work closely with line manager to consider risk of future incidents, using their work on horizon scanning as a basis
- Degree educated in food technology, food science or related discipline
- Worked within a food business in a technical role, or in government or a food body in a food safety policy role.
- Previously worked with multiple stakeholders to gather information and develop policy positions, ideally with some experience of working with committees
- Line management experience
- Understanding of UK food legislation as it relates to food safety, specifically allergen management but ideally with a knowledge of novel foods, GMO, residues and contaminants, food contact materials, and food ingredients
- Demonstratable understanding of the UK food and drink manufacturing industry, including likely impacts of EU legislative changes
- Ability to exchange information and views – both verbally in meetings and through consultation responses - on very complex regulatory issues
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with your CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of James Constable
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.