Operations Depot Manager
Food Import & Distribution
Job ref: 8231
The business prides itself in supplying the highest quality fresh produce throughout the UK.
They are not only passionate about ensuring products are supplied in excellent condition, but also about their people and the continued success of the business.
About the Operations Depot Manager job
The purpose of your role will be to manage the day-to-day operations of a busy food import, storage, and distribution depot.
You will lead and develop the Operations function and deliver the key business metrics of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, People and Environment.
- Monitoring health and safety levels, ensuring compliance and implanting necessary changes.
- Recruiting and mentoring staff and manage a high performing team that delivers continuous improvement, added value and cost reductions.
- Maximising growth and profitability, identifying improvement opportunities.
- Ensuring that high levels of service are maintained.
- Liaising with key stakeholders to make sure they’re satisfied with the depot’s performance.
- Agreeing service contracts with Head of Operations and regular liaison with suppliers.
- Managing stock levels.
- Analysing turnover and profitability.
Skills & experience required for the Operations Depot Manager job
- Strong track record in production, operations or supply chain management within a food or beverage manufacturing or import/distribution environment.
- Excellent leadership and people management capability - managing personnel from different departments to achieve organisational goals.
- Strategic mindset and excellent problem-solving ability - can identify long-term improvement initiatives and efficiency opportunities.
- Degree educated in Business, Operations Management, Supply Chain, or relevant subject is desirable.
The Operations Depot Manager job is based in Essex and is paying £50,000.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week.
How to apply
Please click the Apply button to be considered for the Operations Depot Manager job.
After you submit your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days, assuming that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
Supply Chain Manager | Head of Supply Chain | Distribution Manager | Head of Operations | Senior Production Manager