£40,000 - £45,000
Essex or Kent
Food Import & Distribution
Job ref: 8232
The business prides itself in supplying the highest quality fresh produce throughout the UK.
They are not only passionate about ensuring products are supplied in excellent condition, but also about their people and the continued success of the business.
About the Procurement Manager job
The purpose of your role will be to manage, coordinate and execute procurement plans and ensure timely and accurate loadings from sources according to customers’ needs, volume, quality, and packaging.
You will be responsible for the continuity of supply, reacting to changes to availability, sales forecasts, transit times, and quality specifications. You will also play a key role in defining the business sourcing strategy by continually challenging processes to gain maximum efficiencies.
- Plan and schedule weekly loadings in line with customer demand and company contracted volumes.
- Effective communication with shipping lines including regular forecasts, availability confirmations and timely deliveries.
- Liaise closely with ripening facilities, ports, and 3rd party service providers to ensure continuity of supply in terms of volume, specifications, and product shelf life.
- Liaise with Account Managers and the Technical team regarding customer product launches, promotions, trials, or de-lists.
- Regular reviews of service levels to ensure best practice from growers and service providers (Scorecards, KPIs, challenge non-conformances)
- Maintain and update all data as required in planning files, schedules, and systems.
- Continually challenge procurement processes to enhance levels of performance and facilitate the achievement of company targets.
Skills & experience required for the Procurement Manager job
- Strong working track record within a procurement, supply chain, planning, or related role.
- Experience working in FMCG, fresh produce, or food/beverage environment (either manufacturing or storage/supply chain/distribution)
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint - knowledge of Rubicon or Prophet preferred.
- Ideally educated to a degree level and/or CIPS qualified (or training towards) is an advantage.
- Strong negotiation and supplier relationship management skills.
The Procurement Manager job can be based at either of the company sites in Essex or Kent and is paying £40,000 - £45,000 according to your experience.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week.
How to apply
Please click the Apply button to be considered for the Procurement Manager job.
After you submit your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days, assuming that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.