£30,000 - £35,000
Job ref: 8233
The business prides itself in supplying the highest quality fresh produce throughout the UK.
They are not only passionate about ensuring products are supplied in excellent condition, but also about their people and the continued success of the business.
About the Ripener job
- Ensure the implementation of the banana ripening programme.
- Liaise with colleagues in production areas and quality control regarding the movement of fruit for ripening, production, and sales.
- Carry out training of Assistant and Trainee Ripeners.
- Continuously update ripening programmes / trackers
- Daily and Monthly stock control and stock reconciliation.
- Understand and ensure implementation of a lean process.
- Understand and ensure a fully auditable and traceable system.
- Understand and maintain food safety standards, integrity, legality, and quality at all times.
Skills & experience required for the Ripener job
- Proven experience working as a Ripener, or you may have a background in fresh produce with planning, stock control or similar knowledge.
- Able to use a stock management system.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Flexible to work shift patterns.
- Able to lift boxes of up to 20kg.
- Own transport is required due to site location.
The Ripener job is based in Essex and is paying £30,000 - £35,000 according to your experience.
The working hours are 6 am to 5 pm with a 1 hour lunch break. Sunday to Wednesday.
How to apply
Please click the Apply button to be considered for the Ripener job.
After you submit your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days, assuming that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.