Shift Engineer (electrical bias)
Tanfield (Home of Penn State)
Shift Pattern: 24/5, Sunday to Friday
As a Shift Engineer, you’ll be an integral member of the Engineering function at the Tanfield factory, providing a comprehensive electrical and maintenance engineering service in order to safely sustain and improve production operating efficiencies in line with the continued growth of the business.
As Shift Engineer, some of your key responsibilities will include:
· Repair and maintenance of production and ancillary equipment, property and facilities ensuring downtime is kept to a minimum and in line with the requirements of the production process and plan
· Create PPM schedules, maintaining accurate maintenance records and completing data entry records within appropriate timescales
· Act as host for Contractors working on site ensuring that all necessary documentation is available and completed and that safe working practices are agreed prior to commencement of work
· Responding to requests from production for engineering assistance and monitoring visual management boards to ensure flagged items are dealt with
· Working with the production teams to improve their knowledge of the equipment and ability to quickly identify problems and resolve where appropriate, or refer
· Follow policies and procedures in conjunction with the food quality management system and retailer-specific technical standards
· Play an active part in health and safety, identifying hazards and risks and ensuring all health and safety procedures and safe working practices are followed at all times
Some of the machinery/equipment we use:
- Bagging machines
- Mulitihead weighers / check weighers
- Automated case packing machinery
- Industrial oil frying machines
-Industrial oven’s and dryer’s
· up to £39k base salary
· Holiday buy
· Lots more great, flexible benefits to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing
KP Snacks is proud to be part of the Intersnack Group. With an annual turnover of more than €3 billion, the Intersnack Group has grown and flourished to become a market leader in savoury snacks, present in over 30 countries across Europe, Australia, New Zealand and beyond, employing more than 14,000 employees and 44 factories globally (33 in Europe, 3 in Australia, 3 in New Zealand, 2 in India and 3 in Vietnam).
The multi-award-winning culture at KP Snacks is friendly, welcoming, supportive and collaborative. We encourage everyone to be the best they can be, working together to achieve great results.
We are also incredibly proud to have been named as one of the Top 25 Best Big Companies and one of the Top 10 Food & Drink Companies to work for in the UK (via Best Companies)
We wholeheartedly encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position. We are totally committed to creating a workplace where not one person feels they do not belong. Please just let us know if you need any modifications to the process if you have any special requirements.
Whichever method you are using to apply, please ensure that your application clearly demonstrates the relevant skills we are looking for, with clear evidence to support.
Key skills & experience:
· City & Guilds Level 4, HNC or higher in mechanical or electrical engineering
· 18th edition electrical certification
· Demonstrable experience gained within a food manufacturing environment
· Previous experience working with PLC’s