Assistant Technical Manager
West Yorkshire up to 35'000
As the Assistant Technical Manager you will be responsible for the technical supervisor. The main duties of the position will be to
- To ensure all technical issues are dealt with effectively, efficiently and findings are reported promptly.
- To ensure that all procedures are adhered to by employees ensuring that they are made aware of new procedures and updates.
- Responsible for product safety, legality and quality systems.
- Assist the Technical Manager, in issues that could affect product safety, legality, authenticity and quality.
- Observes all conditions in General Rules & Regulation handbook.
- To ensure that all agreed food hygiene and safety standards are adhered to, at all times.
- Performs all Q.C. procedures if required.
- Maintaining of critical control points, PRP’s and allergen management system (i.e. gluten-free) ensuring that all employees are complying with procedures verify that paperwork is checked and completed correctly.
- Expected to attend production schedule meetings and to be proactive and assertive when handling production requirements regarding quality.
- Arranging with Technical for analysis & microbiology testing with outside laboratory as per schedule.
- Ensuring and liaising with Technical that customer’s certificates have been sent.
- Responsible for customer and supplier complaints.
- Ensuring that all equipment is regularly calibrated in line with legal requirements.
- Performing supplier approval.
- Reviewing & updating HACCP with team.
- Ensuring and liaising with Technical that the swabbing schedule is completed.
- Active in BRC audits and H.A.C.C.P team meetings
- Responsible for updating & maintaining internal specifications (including packaging)
- Responsible for creating and updating customers specifications on customer portals.
- Ensuring compliance to customer manufacturing standards and technical policies.
- Responsible for leading the NPD process with Sales and Production departments to develop new recipes, checking all new ingredients are in line with current allergen management policies, trial specifications are created, production trial information paperwork is completed and signed off if successful.
- Liaising with artwork agencies and providing the required front and back of pack information for packaging.
- Attend customer training sessions as requested such as manufacturing standards, specification completion etc.
- Responsible for positive release of raw material/finished stock
- Responsible for updating raw material supplier questionnaires
- Responsible for reviewing and updating QA procedures and QA manuals
- Trend analysis of all technical issues
- Member of the internal audit team
- Expected to attend bi-annually management review meetings and other review meetings
- Involved in completing mock Product Recalls, traceability exercise’s (mass balance)
- External auditing
- Continual monitoring of the factory hygiene throughout the day
- Responsible for performing all pest control procedures in co-ordination with pest control contractors and closing out non-conformances.
- Responsible for hygiene materials supplies.
- Responsible for updating cleaning procedures, cleaning schedules and compliance to written cleaning procedures.
- Responsible for reporting to management any damage or broken issues with machinery, fixings and fittings to ensure that these are dealt with promptly.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Food Safety legislation experience and / or certification. Knowledge of dealing with UK supermarkets during audits, new product development etc. A good understanding of UK Labelling Regulations and compliance to label claims. Ability to communicate at all levels within the company.
- Strong commercial acumen
- Interpersonal skills are necessary for communication with customers, suppliers and within the company.
- Knowledge of USA and South African food safety and labelling requirements. Previous experience working in a production environment producing products with ‘Free From’ e.g. gluten free claims.
How to apply
If this really sounds like you and you want to be considered for the Assistant Technical Manager position send your CV to email@example.com
On applying for this job, you consent to Recruitment Wolf Limited holding your details on file to be able to contact you about your job search.
We aim to contact you within 24 hours on the assumption that your credentials fit the requirements for the role.