Inspired by the modern bistros of France, Côte was founded in 2007 and now has more than 80 restaurants across the UK. We were created to offer an authentic, affordable taste of French luxury right here on the UK high street. We want dining with us to be a pleasure from the moment you walk inside – a place to relax, meet others & enjoy delicious, freshly made food & expertly selected wine. Everything from the warmth of our welcome to the sourcing of our ingredients, to the look of each restaurant, is carefully considered & designed to offer the most enjoyable experience for all who come to Côte.
This all starts with our people. We’re passionate about creating a culture that invites everyone to find their place around our table because special things happen when we come together. Our values are hugely important in our approach to inviting talent in & creating a sense of belonging. We believe that life (& food!) is best experienced with an open mind to constantly explore & learn, unearthing new interests & possibilities. Connecting with people as unique individuals & paying attention to the small things that can have a big impact, is the key to creating a distinctly Côte experience for our teams, as well as our guests.
This is more important than ever, given the exciting opportunities ahead for the next chapter of our well-loved brand.
Production Director – in a nutshell
The role of Production Director plays a pivotal role within Côte’s leadership team. In 2021 & early 2022 we built a bespoke, multi-million-pound food production unit just for Côte, which is known internally as our Central Kitchen. This facility also houses our dedicated Butchery processing about 10tonnes of prime beef per week.
This role will be responsible for leading the production unit which involves all financial and operational responsibility for the food manufacturing in the Central Kitchen & Butchery operations, whilst ensuring that our teams operate in a safe environment. Living and breathing continuous improvement is fundamental in this role, as collectively as a team our aim is to ensure that over 70 products reach our restaurants on time & in a quality that reflects our brand.
Getting into the detail
- Ensure the best possible performance in relation to safety, quality, cost, delivery & inventory
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements, including HR & Health and Safety
- Ensure that production targets are hit on time and within budget
- Strive to increase productivity across all facilities
- Provide motivation, support, guidance & coaching to all employees
- Champion our values & behaviours as a brand
- Establish workflow policies that enhance speed and efficiency without compromising product quality
- Create and manage schedules to ensure optimum staffing levels are achieved
- Oversee the management of key production documentation for future reference
- Manage talent and succession planning in collaboration with the People team
- Participate in the implementation of specific projects, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the business
- Support change management processes
- Produce production reports including all relevant KPIs and other relevant matters for the wider team
- Be a key representative of the Côte brand with external parties within the supply chain & wider industry.
Your talent & characteristics
- Production/Manufacturing Engineering qualification is highly desirable
- Experience in just-in-time food manufacturing would be advantageous
- A thorough understanding of food production processes
- Experience of managing a large/medium site
- Experience in project management
- Proven leadership & communication skills
- Exceptional organisational skills together with a working knowledge of HR and Health & Safety legislation
- A proactive team player with strong customer service and problem-solving skills
- Experience in developing and supporting managers through change
- Experience of implementing and maintaining structured training, personal development, and career progression programs
- Resilient and calm under pressure
- Our Central Kitchen is based in Heston near Heathrow (TW5 9NR).
Reports to Commercial Director.
Direct reports: This role has four direct reports listed below, and an overall headcount responsibility of 100 employees over a 65,000sq ft facility.
- Site Operations Manager
- Chief Engineer
- Butchery Operations Manager
- Head of Technical, Quality & Safety