Assistant Technical Manager
up to £35,000
Job ref: 8240
The business has been producing delicious and healthy products for over 100 years! As their success grew, they expanded their product range to match evolving consumer demand and now supply their products to all the major UK retailers, plus export internationally all over the globe.
About the Assistant Technical Manager job
The purpose of your role will be to ensure all technical issues are dealt with effectively and efficiently, ensure that all procedures are adhered to by employees and champion product safety, legality, and quality systems.
- Assist the Technical Manager, in issues that could affect product safety, legality, authenticity and quality.
- Maintain CCPs, PRPs and the allergen management system (i.e. gluten-free), ensuring all employees comply with procedures and verify paperwork is completed correctly.
- Arrange analysis and microbiology testing with outside laboratory as per schedule.
- Responsible for customer and supplier complaints.
- Performing supplier approval.
- Active in BRC audits and HACCP team meetings.
- Update and maintain internal specifications (including packaging) and customer specifications on customer portals.
- Lead the NPD process with the Sales and Production teams to develop new recipes, check all new ingredients are in line with current allergen management policies, create trial specifications, and complete trial information paperwork.
Skills & experience required for the Assistant Technical Manager job
- Strong technical track record within the food manufacturing industry.
- Food Safety legislation experience and/or certification.
- Knowledge of dealing with UK supermarkets during audits, new product development etc.
- Good understanding of UK Labelling Regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with customers, suppliers, and colleagues.
- Knowledge of USA and South African food safety and labelling requirements would be a great benefit.
- Previous experience working in a production environment producing products with ‘Free From’ e.g. gluten free.
The Assistant Technical Manager job is based in West Yorkshire and is paying up to £35,000 according to your experience.
The working hours are Monday to Thursday, 7.30 am - 5.00 pm and Friday 7.30 am - 11 am.
How to apply
Please click the Apply button to be considered for the Assistant Technical Manager job.
After you submit your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days, assuming your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
Technical Supervisor | Technical Team Leader | Senior QA Technician | Senior Food Technologist | Technical Compliance Supervisor | QA Supervisor | Quality Supervisor