For over 60 years we’ve been the number one branded player in frozen potato market. When it comes to bringing the nation together at mealtimes with simple, delicious and great tasting food we’re kind of a big deal!
You won’t just find us in supermarkets though. As well as owning a household retail brand, our respected foodservice business works in close partnership with distributors, chefs and caterers across thousands of the country’s pubs, restaurants, hospitals and schools.
We are re-inventing our inventory. But we need talented people to join us.
Our Supply Chain team have a winning mentality. And we’re looking for a Planning & Inventory Manager to join us in formulating our inventory management strategy.
Reporting into the Head of Supply Chain, our Planning & Inventory Manager will lead a team of production and inventory planners to translate the demand signals into feasible, optimised and reliable short and long-term supply plans that meet customer needs and inventory targets while always ensuring inventory health and integrity.
Collaboration is key, and you’ll work cross functionally to review, improve and execute the inventory strategy. Additionally, you will drive development of business processes, tools and analytics to support and improve production and inventory planning activities.
You will also…
- Take overall responsibility for production planning, schedule adherence, and continuity of supply for BULK (SFGs) and Finished products
- Review and ensure the weekly planning process / cycle is fit for purpose and adhered to
- Lead and/or partner to drive cross-functional inventory optimization projects from idea to implementation and adoption.
- Drive inventory management process, define inventory targets and ensure adherence to agreed inventory targets – for BULK (SFGs) and Finished products (domestic or imported / exported)
- Participate in shaping Supply and Demand Planning strategies, capabilities and processes that aim to improve operational performance and meet high service levels
- Identify opportunities to reduce SLOBs (Slow moving and obsolete stock)
- Drive the rapid turn-around of blocked stock investigation and agreement and execution of clear action plans
- Review and manage demand vs. capacity, delivering solutions to mitigate bottlenecks via RCCP; develop capacity models; Support management with risk assessments, alternative plans and mitigation activities
- Support the improvement of the RCCP process to foster enhanced cross-business alignment and better decision making
- Drive and ensure master data accuracy for all production planning parameters
- Optimise / increase utilisation of system-based production planning (APO / SNP) – enable long-term planning in SAP, less offline planning
- Develop, implement, monitor and report on cross-functional KPIs to ensure effective execution, integration and performance against inventory targets. Propose and implement solutions to improve metrics. (C2S, inventory health, durations, WC, DFA etc)
- Lead, motivate and coach the team to deliver consistently high performance, achieve their KPIs and meet their training and development needs
- Encourage and facilitate continuous improvement thinking, collate and share knowledge and best practices and define ways of working for the future
- Maintain a close working relationship with Production, Procurement and Agriculture teams with a focus on delivering alignment, efficiency, and waste reduction
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with other managers to establish and build SOPs for existing and new processes and procedures.
- Ensure IT systems in place are effective, maintained, and review opportunities to standardise and streamline them
- Play a key role in product life cycle management and S&OP process
- Promote high standards including – “right first time” mentality, ownership and flexibility
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR…
You’ll have proven experience as a Planning or Inventory Manager and as well as a love for chips, we’re also looking for…
- Experience in supply, demand or inventory planning and execution
- Experience in S&OP, IBP, demand forecasting, inventory optimization and supply planning
- Communication and interpersonal skills with experience presenting to various levels
- Proven strong people leadership skills
- Previous manufacturing industry experience with strong working knowledge of ERP required (e.g., SAP ECC / SAP APO)
- Strong analytical skills, solutions & process oriented with an understanding of the importance that people, processes and technology in collaboration deliver Best in Class service
- Demonstrated ability to look for solutions to eliminate manual processes, streamline existing processes and improve workflows
- And a BA/BS degree in Business, Supply Chain or related field or equivalent practical experience
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Although we do encourage you to taste the goods, you’ll be pleased to know we don’t pay you in chips. For working hard, you’ll also get a great salary and some pretty good benefits including:
- Generous car allowance
- An excellent pension where we will pay double what you do, up to a maximum of 12% of your pay
- Flexible holidays – where you can buy & sell up to 5 days holiday per year
- Private medical insurance scheme
- Optional health cash plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- ‘Chips In’ Volunteering Day Off - to make a positive impact to the competitiveness, resilience, and long-term development of McCain communities across the globe
- And of course, being part of a Global business there are great opportunities to shine/thrive should you wish to relocate in the future. We have an ambitious 5-year growth plan that presents development & progression opportunities for those who seek it out.
WHERE YOU’LL WORK…
Our Head Office is in Scarborough, North Yorkshire and we operate a hybrid working policy here at McCain and our culture is based on achieving outcomes, so although we’d love to see you from time-to-time success will be measured by the objectives you deliver, and not where you’re based.