Just Food Recruitment, part of The JFR Group are searching for a Buyer to join the procurement department for this manufacture of ready meals.
The ideal candidate must be very good at looking at contracts and they must have strong negotiating skills to get the best deals/prices. Food knowledge would be good but not necessary. The successful candidate will be reporting in to the Director/Owner of the business so they need to be a strong character.
To manage specific procurement contracts and suppliers to secure provision of the best supply and maintenance costs for the business, whilst ensuring continuity of supply and that contracted specifications are adhered to.
- Ability to confidently negotiate contracts with suppliers and build strong relationships.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels internally and externally.
- Ability to re-prioritise workload if needed and as business requirements change.
- Ability to work to pressured time frames and meet deadlines set by the business.
- Understanding of market trends and buying patterns for relevant categories.
- Experience using Office suite plus bespoke software applications.
- Management of specified contracts, suppliers and projects allocated in line with the overall business strategic plans.
- Understand the requirements of the business and ensure these are met through supplier contracts and management.
- Have a great understanding of and relationship with the Compliance Team on the requirements for items purchased and contract required, to ensure that all the information required is requested from suppliers in the quickest and most efficient way.
- Have a good understanding and relationship with the Operations Team to ensure new products and long term projects are successfully implemented.
- Regularly report progress and update on long term projects to the business and Director.
- Understand and implement company procedures correctly for any product, contract changes and implementations.
- Understand market trends in relevant categories and work supplier contracts and deals round these to report back to the business when there are opportunities.
- Any other task or project deemed appropriate by the business.
- Adopt safe working practices in line with current company procedures and to undertake appropriate training in Health and Safety and Food Safety.
The hours are 9am- 5pm Monday- Friday however the successful candidate must be flexible for business needs. 22 annual days holiday per year plus bank holidays. Free parking and Tea and coffee, life insurance and pension after 3 months.
If you would like to learn more about this position please don't hesitate to contact us and one of the team will be in touch.
The JFR Group are an employment agency working on behalf of our client. Should you be seeking a new permanent position, temporary assignment or contract you will find our staff professional and courteous and our interview process straight forward.