Supply Chain Manager
£50,000 - £60,000
Job ref: 8243
We are seeking a talented individual to join an innovative food manufacturer who can provide a rewarding working environment.
This business has experienced tremendous success and is proud of its reputation for providing exceptional customer service and superior quality products.
About the Supply Chain Manager job
The purpose of your role is to take full responsibility for all supply chain activities and logistics, ensuring that each stage of the distribution process is progressing on time, on budget and to the correct standards.
You will effectively lead the supply chain team to instil a culture of engagement, continuous improvement, and lean working, improving the overall efficiency.
- Identification and planning of a third-party distribution network for products.
- Manage the performance of the third-party provider in terms of end customer service level and be the escalation contact for issues with 3rd party distribution.
- Manage, supervise, train, and develop staff. Recruit and hire additional personnel as required to support growth.
- Manage the relationship across multi-functional teams responsible for stock replenishment, production, warehouse, Intake & Despatch and Sales Order processing.
- Prepare forecasts and inventories for reports to the company's management team.
- Track shipments and stock levels using computer software.
- Lead the end-to-end planning process and manage outbound stock plans to ensure smooth throughput of product.
- Develop and implement inventory strategies to meet availability and stock KPIs.
- Identify and implement cost reduction opportunities against the bill of materials.
- Monitor the performance of suppliers using price curves, competitor prices, and conformance to delivery date/quantity.
Skills & experience required for the Supply Chain Manager job
- Strong supply chain and planning experience within an FMCG manufacturing environment, most preferably food or beverage manufacturing.
- Educated to a Degree/HND level or equivalent qualifications in a supply chain capacity is desirable.
- Excellent leadership capability and proven management experience, developing and mentoring staff to achieve their full potential.
- An analytical mindset and fully conversant with all aspects of production planning, MRP, forecasting, and capacity planning.
- Excellent IT skills.
The Supply Chain Manager job is based in Essex and is paying £50,000 - £60,000 according to your experience.
The working hours are Monday to Friday.
How to apply
Please click the Apply button to be considered for the Supply Chain Manager job.
After you submit your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days, assuming your skills and experience match the job requirements as detailed.
By submitting your application for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd storing your details. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
Head of Supply Chain | Logistics Manager | Supply Planning Manager | Distribution Manager | Warehouse Manager | FMCG Supply Chain Jobs | Food Supply Chain Jobs