My client is seeking an Operations Director who will be responsible for all operational aspects of the company production strategy, setting strategic goals and KPIs with responsibility for the management of people and processes across the operations departments, including driving health and safety, quality, efficiencies, continuous improvement, best practice, ethics, food safety and sustainability. This is a varied role, both strategical and functional, with a strong emphasis on facilitating long term success
- You will be fully responsible for the Food Manufacturing areas Engineering department, Hygiene and Health and Safety.
- Working closely with Supply Chain / Planning & Warehouse, Finance, Human Resources, Technical & Compliance and Research & Development
- Work in collaboration with other leaders on company strategy, formulating and ensuring delivery of the Operations strategy in line with business objectives
- Provides innovative strategic planning, incorporating clear and proven methodological approach, that delivers results
- Ensure company policies and legal guidelines are embedded across the business and are always followed.
- Develop, implement, and provide training on company policies and processes to ensure business continuity and departmental futureproofing.
- Help to attract and retain the best quality people within the company and invest in the relevant training and management best practice.
- Drive Health & Safety across the production areas, always ensuring best practice and legal compliance.
- Work with internal stakeholders to ensure budgetary control of all departmental costs and capital expenditure.
- Experience in a food manufacturing environment.
- A good understanding of the critical paths associated with running a dynamic business, including delivering projects on time and on budget, working around 'blockers’ and finding ways around supply chain issues and doing what it takes to deliver.
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to contribute directly to the overall business strategy and work collaboratively with the Senior Leadership Team on their functional commercial issues.
- Good understanding of cashflow and financial aspects A first-class communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and self-motivated. In personal terms, you will possess integrity, emotional intelligence, initiative, energy and be uncompromising on quality standards.
- A robust personality must be in evidence - someone of stature, strong enough to gain instant credibility internally and externally.
- Be visible across the business, building relationships and developing an understanding of the business processes to drive valuable insight and deliver transformational process improvement.
- A master at Continuous Improvement initiatives and ways of working, preferably with a recognised qualification in this area such as Six Sigma Comfortable working autonomously and challenging business senior leaders Strategically and operationally, working closely with all the teams