Job Title: Graduate Continuous Improvement Engineer – Gu Puds
Hours Monday to Friday
Location: Bishops Stortford
Attractive Package: + benefits
Do you love food? Then you will love working here with this highly capable team. In the last 10 years this Group has seen 30% year on year growth; so, a real modern-day success story. Unlike many other businesses today they are even more versatile, focussed, and ambitious than ever before.
As a Graduate Improvement Engineer, you will support, coordinate and facilitate the implementation of new and improved structures, processes and activities. You will be trained and coached to provide technical guidance to drive continuous improvement initiatives using proven methodologies, in turn improving quality and efficiency and reducing costs within the manufacturing facility.
When required you will work with the Central Training and Technical teams whilst working closely with the engineering teams in the manufacturing facility to further develop and strengthen the business.
- Monitor KPI’s of all areas, manage exceptions and support all areas to plan and deliver remedial actions.
- Support in the development of a culture of continuous improvement and lean thinking
- Contribute to and facilitate RCA/Kaizen activities
- Create and Disseminate Lean Standard Work principles across teams
- Capture, Coordinate and Implement best practice and continuous improvement initiatives across all functions.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to meet cost, quality and efficiency objectives.
- Coordinate with the entire Operational Excellence Team to provide feedback and improvement suggestions to the Engineering and Innovation teams.
- Some Project management experience is desirable
- Knowledge of change management and continuous improvement methodologies
- Formal Engineering qualifications.
- The ability to translate operational issues into workable solutions
- Analytical and ability to identify opportunities for improvement and cost saving initiatives.
- Experience working within FMCG environment advantageous but not essential.
- Computer literate (Advanced Excel preferable)
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Fluent English
- Good organisation and planning skills.
- Accurate with attention to detail
We are the original pud pioneers:
Increased Investment and backing, new factory line commissioned – that’s where you come in……………….
Since 2003, we've been filling homes with ramekins of restaurant-quality, wickedly indulgent desserts.
From Day One, our talented pâtisserie chefs have made every single pud in our very own kitchens, using only the most decadent ingredients, and now we have a range that includes Cheesecakes (some of which also come Free-from!), Hot Puds, Mousses and our new lower calorie Lights range, all of which come in our packaging which is fully recyclable, although we know most of you love to keep the ramekins and re-use them at home!
If you're ever wondering if a Salted Caramel Cheesecake is acceptable at 11 am; just know that somewhere, somebody is tucking into a Gü every single second ...
If you wish to apply for this role please click on the apply button with a copy of your up to date cv in word format quoting ref number 3049/294.
Not right for you? We’d still like to speak with you about other opportunities, so please do send an up to date copy of your CV in word format and we will call you.
Refer a Friend Scheme:
If you know anyone who is currently looking for a new role in sales, marketing or category management, or who may be appropriate for any of the roles which are advertised here, please do let us have their contact details (with their permission!).
Please see our website for full details
Please be aware that all third-party and direct applications will be forwarded to our Outsourced Recruitment Partner, Veritas Partnership Limited and no fees will be payable.