Greggs are looking for a Purchasing Manager Retail Packaging to join our procurement team on a full time and permanent basis.
As Purchasing Manager you’ll be responsible for ensuring that we deliver Retail packaging that meets our quality, availability, sustainability, and cost objectives. Supplier relationship management will be a key aspect of the role to deliver our Socially Responsible goals with and through our supplier base.
Circa £47,500 per annum (pro-rata) + up to 12.5% Management Bonus Scheme, plus great benefits
This is a Full Time role (40 hours), we know that having a work-life balance is really important so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role
What you'll do
As Purchasing Manager for Retail packaging you’ll manage contracts and supplier relationships across multiple suppliers with the potential for that to increase with company growth.
- You’ll add value by negotiating cost price movements, establishing cost models to ensure maximum value for money.
- You’ll plan for capacity and capability with the supplier community through co-ordination with internal teams; F&R, Category and Replenishment, to effectively meet forward demand over multiple time periods and seasonal promotions.
- Effective Category Management will be important to ensure optimum value is being achieved on the use of packaging within the business including targets to deliver whole life cost improvements.
- You’ll co-ordinate medium- and long-term planning to ensure that supplier capability meets forecasted demand profiles
- You’ll develop appropriate packaging solutions with the development and operational teams to ensure successful delivery of Category led new concepts, including the development of improved alternatives through design or material improvements
- You’ll manage supplier performance and support the day-to-day activity ensuring material availability along with daily issue resolution
- You’ll be responsible for delivery of Retail Packaging budgets and inflation
- You’ll proactively support the delivery of the Greggs Pledge commitments on 25% reduction in Retail packaging and other appropriate Corporate Sustainability objectives
- You’ll effectively communicate through internal forums the supply status of all Retail packaging items
What you'll bring to the role
- Experience in the Retail packaging supply market
- Experience of supplier relationship management, including the analysis and interpretation of MI, performance reporting and issue resolution
- A proven track record of negotiation and cost reduction/value maximisation
- Ability to research key cost drivers and ensure that procurement of items that are affected are undertaken accordingly
- Comfortable with working under pressure and to tight deadlines, managing multiple priorities
- Outstanding planning and organising skills with experience of dealing with multiple tasks simultaneously in a FMCG environment
- Ability to co-ordinate the development of packaging to meet our Sustainability Agenda
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and ideally Ariba, and SAP
- Experience of SAP and E Auctions desirable
What we can offer you
- You will be invited to participate in our Management Bonus Scheme which is worth up to 12.5% of your salary, subject to the Company meeting certain performance criteria
- Our Greggs colleague discount scheme offering up to 50% off our own produced food
- Your holiday entitlement starts with 5 weeks, in addition to bank holidays, which increases with service up to a maximum of 6 weeks after 25 years’ service. (Pro-rata for part time)
- After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme
- You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
- The Management Pension Scheme is supported by a free life assurance scheme. This is a death in service benefit which provides a lump-sum payment equal to 4 times your year’s salary
- Private Medical Insurance which is free for you and subsidised for your dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance which is a replacement income scheme
- Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Healthcare Plans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Here at Greggs, we love what we do, and we have fun! What makes Greggs so special is our culture – the way we are, the way we behave and the way we support each other. We're hard-working, but above all else we're family; and it doesn't matter who you are, where you're from or what your favourite bake is, we’d love you to join us! We want everyone to feel welcome at Greggs and our colleagues to be able to be themselves at work, whatever their background, preferences, or views.
During the application process we’ll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we’ll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help we can make your application as quick and as smooth as possible.