£35,000 - £45,000
Job ref: 8208
This job is working for a very well-established and respected manufacturer that supplies to UK retailers and foodservice markets, as well as further food manufacturing.
Always at the forefront of product development and innovation, they have continually invested in new facilities and the latest technologies.
About the Quality Manager job
The purpose of your role is to drive the quality culture for the food production site and ensure the site remains compliant with food safety, food hygiene and the quality manual requirements.
- Manage the Quality Assurance team.
- Ensure the business produces safe, legal products that are manufactured to the highest possible quality.
- Implement, maintain, and develop the site Quality Systems.
- Deal with all quality, integrity, and food safety issues, plus manage any required investigations.
- Drive continuous improvement and promote a Food Safety culture throughout the business.
- Manage the Internal Auditing System and carry out internal and GMP audits.
- Manage BRC, EHO and Customer Audits and visits alongside the Head of Technical.
Skills & experience required for the Quality Manager job
- Ideally educated to a degree level within a food science or food technology discipline.
- Strong quality assurance experience in food or beverage manufacturing.
- Excellent people management skills, to bring the team together and enable their ongoing development.
- Experience of BRC standards including implementation and leading audits.
- Excellent working knowledge of UK retailer standards, internal auditing, food hygiene, and food safety requirements.
- Qualifications in Food Safety, HACCP and TACCP/VACCP are highly desirable.
The Quality Manager job is based in Kent and is paying £35,000 - £45,000 according to your experience.
The role includes 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays, company contributory pension and Christmas shutdown of 2 weeks.
The working hours are Monday to Friday.
How to apply
Please click the Apply button to be considered for the Quality Manager job.
After you submit your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days, assuming that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
QA Manager | Quality Assurance Manager | QA Supervisor | Quality Supervisor | Senior Quality Auditor | Senior QA | Food Manufacturing QA Jobs