£25,000 - £35,000
Dairy Food Products
Maternity Cover Contract – 10 Months
Job ref: 8176
This is a very well-established company with a passion for traditional food production methods. They have an excellent team of long-term employees who share the company’s beliefs and high standards. Selling into retail in the UK, they also have a thriving export side mainly into the USA.
About the Production Planner job
The purpose of your role will be to assist with scheduling the production in the most efficient way possible, ensuring that agreed stock levels and customer service are always maintained.
- Produce a weekly production schedule for the site to enable packing lines to run at maximum efficiency, minimising product changes, size changes and clean downs.
- Raise works orders for all required production.
- Maintain all documents, systems, and spreadsheets.
- Schedule the further product processing at third party premises.
- Communicate effectively with the technical team in the event of any non-conformance to standard operating procedure.
- Check finished stocks and blank stocks on a weekly basis and replenish accordingly considering customer demand and forecast requirements.
Skills & experience required for the Production Planner job
This role could suit a supply chain graduate who is looking to gain experience. This position will offer you excellent exposure to and the opportunity to learn about food industry production planning processes.
You will have some experience working in a supply chain or production planning related role, most preferably in food manufacturing – this could be from a university placement.
Or this may suit an existing Production Planner, Supply Planner or similar looking for a challenge.
Other skills include:
- Knowledge of warehouse management and MRP systems is desirable.
- Numerate and literate, with outstanding attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
The Production Planner job is based in Dorset and is paying £25,000 to £35,000 according to your experience.
This is a 10 month maternity cover contract, with the potential to become permanent.
The working hours are 42.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8 am to 5 pm.
How to apply
To be considered for the Production Planner job, please click the Apply button.
After you have submitted your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days on the assumption that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
Material Planner | Production Planning Jobs | Demand Planner | Raw Materials Planner | Supply Chain Planner | Food Manufacturing Planning Jobs