£25,000 - £30,000
Chilled & Frozen Prepared Food
Job ref: 8218
This role is working for a well-established prepared foods manufacturer which produces great tasting products to the highest standards.
Based in a modern, BRC accredited facility, the business work with some of the biggest and most progressive names in the grocery, retail and wholesale sector.
About the Production Planner job
The purpose of your role will be to generate production plans to cover the frozen production, ensuring to maximise the efficiency of the available capacity, whilst maintaining and monitoring stocks of both finished goods and raw materials.
- Generate and maintain a weekly production plan detailing the requirements of the factory on a daily/shift basis.
- Manage and report stock levels of finished goods and raw materials, both on and off site.
- Report on any supply issues to customers.
- Raise and manage purchase orders with suppliers to replenish stocks of frozen, chilled, and ambient materials required to complete proposed production plans.
- Understand limitations within the supply chain, including lead times and MOQs for raw materials, shelf-life implications, potential transport constraints, etc.
- Liaise with the commercial team and customers to discuss forecasts, ordering requirements, planning and capacity, reviewing the weekly stock required versus availability.
- Utilise available forecasts to generate capacity models highlighting any potential concerns and providing insight into future demand.
Skills & experience required for the Production Planner job
- Supply chain or production planning related experience in FMCG - most preferably chilled or frozen food manufacturing.
- IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
- Ability to collate and present data.
- Good telephone manner and the ability to speak to internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of current products and packing specifications.
- Adhere to Health and Safety policies, procedures, and regulations.
The Production Planner job is based in Lancashire and is paying £25,000 - £30,000 according to your experience.
The package includes 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays and pension.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week.
How to apply
Please click the Apply button to be considered for the Production Planner job.
After you submit your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days, assuming that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
Material Planner | Production Planning Jobs | Demand Planner | Raw Materials Planner | Supply Chain Planner | Food Manufacturing Planning Jobs