£22,000 - £25,000
Ambient Food Products
Job ref: 8245
This successful food processing business is a UK leading innovator within their product sector. They have grown rapidly over the last few years and have flourished to become a trusted name in the food industry.
About the NPD Assistant job
This is a fantastic opportunity for a food science, food technology or nutrition graduate with a keen interest in cooking to gain their first job in food product development!
This role will provide you with excellent learning opportunities to understand the entire food NPD process from concept to launch.
- Follow the NPD delivery process from concept to launch ensuring that all steps are completed and accurately documented.
- Formulate innovative product concepts in line with internal or customer briefs.
- Prepare and coordinate product samples.
- Complete documentation including specifications, recipes, standard operating procedures, and questionnaires.
- Proactively seek out NPD opportunities and ideas that will enhance business performance and complement customer strategies.
- Conduct internal and external taste panels as part of the research and development process.
- Continually review the market and benchmark the company’s products to ensure the offering remains current, competitive, and high-quality.
- Maintain awareness of new, innovative ingredients, raw materials, suppliers, and relevant market trends to enable the development of 'first to market' products.
Skills & experience required for the NPD Assistant job
This role would suit a recent graduate who is looking for their first NPD job in the food industry.
The company would also be interested in an experienced Chef with a food science background who is looking to work in food manufacturing.
- Previous food NPD experience would be a benefit (i.e. a university placement).
- Food product experience within ingredients, snacks or similar would also be an advantage.
- Highly organised, have good IT skills plus excellent attention to detail.
- A passion for food, consumer trends and cooking is essential!
The NPD Assistant job is based in West London and is paying £22,000 - £25,000 according to your experience.
Annual leave is 20 days per year plus bank holidays, increasing by 1 day every calendar year up to 25 days.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 8 am to 4.30 pm.
How to apply
Please click the Apply button to be considered for the NPD Assistant job.
After you submit your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days, assuming your skills and experience match the job requirements as detailed.
By submitting your application for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd storing your details. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
Graduate Development Technologist | Product Development Assistant | Junior NPD Technologist | Food Product Developer | Food NPD Jobs | Food Science Graduate Jobs