Our client, a Global Food Manufacturer, is looking for a Technical Manager based at their site in East Sussex. The successful candidate will be part of the Senior Management Team and will be responsible for the Technical, Quality and Hygiene functions within the site.
Reporting to the Managing Director, responsibilities for the role will include:
• Managing, developing and training the Quality / Technical team
• Working as an integral part of the Senior Management Team driving actions to ensure continuous improvement and development
• Leading the internal audit and HACCP teams
• Being the lead contact for customers and suppliers regarding Technical and Food Safety issues
• Managing all customer and third-party audits including audit preparation and the implementation of actions to correct non-conformances
• Maintaining and developing the site Quality and Hygiene systems to ensure that BRC, food quality, safety and legality are maintained at all times
• Ensuring the company is kept up to date with changes in legislation relating to food safety and labelling
• Ensuring that the company specification and recipe records are maintained
Essential / Desirable skills include:
• Experience in a Technical Leadership role in Food Manufacturing
• Ideally a Food Science degree or a similar related subject or with significant relevant experience
• Improvement focused with a high level of initiative
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and motivate a wide range of people, encouraging teamwork and good working relationships
• Proven knowledge and experience of HACCP and BRC standards
• Excellent IT skills including experience of specification systems
• A well-established Global Food Manufacturer
• Modern and technologically advanced production site
• Wide portfolio of high-quality innovative products
• A safe and supportive environment where employees can make a genuine impact
The salary for this role is £60k - £65k per annum and the working hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday – Friday. A driving licence and own vehicle is recommended due to the location of the site.
If you are interested, please respond AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4668 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.