Site Performance Manager (12-month fixed term contract)
This position is responsible for providing leadership, direction, and functional expertise to the Plant for loss analysis, analytics and training systems. This position supports the Plant Leadership Team in the JTE (Journey to Excellence) strategy focused on building Employee capability, providing data reliability system and driving Employee engagement through implementation of high-performance work systems to achieve exceptional business results.
In addition, this position will analyze site spend that includes Manufacturing, Planning, Logistics and Procurement, collaborate with Regional and Global Analytics Leaders and Training and Development Pillars on execution of systems and standards. This position will work closely with Global Analytics COE and Global IT Enterprise Analytics on Data sources and solutions.
- Create visibility to Loss Data.
- Lead annual Loss Analysis to support site’s OGSM and budget targets. Help prioritize loss reduction projects in collaboration with the site leadership team. Provide supporting data analysis and justifications for any technology improvements and capital expenditures and feasibility studies. Lead site Focused Improvement pillar.
- Lead site Data and Analytics. Maintain integrity of site data through training, health checks, and change control. Focus includes scorecards, downtime data base, manual tracking systems and SAP master data. Provide analysis and insights to key performance metrics like Process Reliability, Productivity, Yield and Scrap. Collate and publish site scorecard every month. Create and execute site Analytics strategy. Establish scorecard review processes based on the appropriate frequency and participants. Drive data-based decision-making behavior at all levels.
- Implement Effective Training systems.
- Coach site employees and SMEs on the methodology and tools:
o Basic performance data and trends.
o Problem solving.
o Root cause analysis.
o Loss Reduction projects.
o Participate on Training and Development Pillar.
o Create and maintain site training systems.
- Minimum of 5 years working in manufacturing operations
- Background in Total Productive Maintenance / Lean, Change Management and Organizational Effectiveness
- Experience in a CPG preferred
- Team and Operations Leadership experience preferred
- Familiarity with creating reports using our current (and future) BI tools, e.g. SAP Hana, Tableau
- Experience analyzing complex datasets, generating insights and building robust statistical models. Should be comfortable working with structured and unstructured data.
- Ability to analyze complex information in order to make judgments and decisions. Data intensive - thrives in detail with purpose - does not get paralyzed by analysis.
- Change Management: Ability to create people change plan for strategic initiatives. Ability to be an influencer of large or high-risk change initiatives.
- Customer Focus: Create intra-plant collaboration (operations, functional areas, support areas).
- Managing Vision & Organizational Purpose: Ability to provide key insights to leadership in order to influence priority development.
- Strategy Development & Deployment: Ability to develop action plans, obtain or assign resources, and align day-to-day processes to achieve strategic goals.
- Data & Analytics: Ability to analyze data to gather actionable insights.
- Project / Program Management: Ability to achieve project goals and objectives by applying the discipline of planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about successful project completion.
- Financial Acumen: Understanding of key financial topics, including:
Budgeting, Cost Center Ownership, CAAP, IRR, Yield, Waste, Scrap and Loss Analysis.
- Effective Decision Making: Ability to use appropriate root cause analysis decision tools for decision making.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies.