Our client is a rapidly growing household name who has a new purpose-built factory to enhance production and productivity. Producing a range of delicious, chilled food products the business seeks to recruit an graduate who is keen to progress their career within food packaging.
- Ensuring all packaging is appropriate and meets all legal, regulatory, environmental, social responsibility and business needs in each of the markets that we operate in as guided by the Senior Packaging Technologist.
- Responsible for the choice of packaging types appropriate to meet the needs of the business.
- Responsible for the development of all packaging operations from defining the specification through to delivery as a key member of project team to ensure all packaging is delivered on time for launches.
- Lead on briefing any new tooling requirements to deliver new packaging recommendations.
- Work with buyer to ensure most cost-effective methods are in place whilst maintaining a high-quality branded product e.g. cheaper plastics, less cardboard, etc.
- Interacting with the entire operating site, but more specifically with Marketing and Operations to ensure smooth and improved running of the production line. Champion packaging machine efficiencies for the new line.
- Develop and maintain a ‘packaging exceptions program’ to ensure feedback to suppliers can be made when packaging quality issues occur and be resolved quickly.
- Previous relevant work experience in packaging or product development would be advantageous
- Excellent IT skills and have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Be tenacious, confident, have high motivation and determination.
- Have high attention to detail.
- Enjoy working in a busy, deadline driven and creative environment.
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with your CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of James Constable.
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.