£35,000 - £40,000
Job ref: 8247
This premium quality, food-to-go producer operates globally as part of a leading food group.
With offices in the UK, USA, Australia and UAE, the business partners with world-class manufacturers, customising products, and packaging to suit individual customer needs while managing a complex supply chain with the highest level of precision.
About the Packaging Technologist job
The purpose of your role will be to play an integral role in the delivery of all packaging and packing requirements for projects whilst working closely with the food development and operations teams.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day project process, ensuring that the highest levels of efficiency and performance are met for the technical packaging, print and packing of products.
- Delivery of all packaging, print and packing requirements for sales led projects.
- Work closely with procurement, NPD, and sales teams to provide a thorough understanding of packaging requirements and advise the broader team where necessary.
- Sizing of packs and selecting appropriate materials from the existing supply base.
- Maintenance of a collection of packaging specifications.
- Optimise logistics costs with the operations team through packaging design/sizing, stacking and formats, whilst liaising with packing partners to optimise performance and improve productivity, reduce wastage, and introduce new materials.
- Obtain initial packaging quotes and samples where necessary – checking against any price matrix set up with the procurement team.
- Work directly with both packaging and food manufacturing suppliers to drive projects efficiently in line with product specifications parameters to ensure highest finish and performance.
- Take responsibility for the validation of packaging and packing execution at third-party partners as part of sales led projects and attending trials where needed.
Skills & experience required for the Packaging Technologist job
- PIABC Level 3 Certificate in Packaging Technology is advantageous but not essential.
- Degree in science / technology or equivalent experience.
- Experience in a food packaging related role.
- Used to working on multiple projects with competing deadlines and challenges.
- Knowledge and understanding of the technical aspects of a broad range of packaging components, machinery, and manufacturing techniques.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with excellent organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure.
The Packaging Technologist job is based in Berkshire and is paying £35,000 - £40,000 according to your experience.
The working hours are Monday to Friday.
How to apply
Please click the Apply button to be considered for the Packaging Technologist job.
After you submit your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days, assuming your skills and experience match the job requirements as detailed.
By submitting your application for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd storing your details. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
Packaging Technician | Packaging Engineer | FMCG Packaging Jobs | Packaging Designer | Food Manufacturing Packaging Jobs