Due to ongoing expansion, we are recruiting for a Technical Manager to join our business on a permanent basis.
As Technical Manager you will be pivotal in ensuring the safety, legality and quality of all products manufactured on site, while ensuring operations are compliant to the businesses manufacturing standards, BRC Global Standard for Food Safety and Retailer Codes of Practices. Leading the Quality Assurance and elements of the technical administrative team, you will ensure that daily routines delivered by the team complies with all relevant legislation and customer requirements while delivering effective factory presence, closing of non-conformance and adherence to technical KPI’s.
- Provide management, direction and development for the team; ensure they are motivated, managing their workload, hitting deadlines and have the tools to complete tasks, e.g. training, resource, budget. Ensure that all objectives and procedures detailed within the Quality Manual System are met and are compliant to manufacturing standards, BRC Global Standard for Food Safety and Retailer Codes of Practices. Ensure corrective actions, root cause analysis, and preventative actions are agreed with the appropriate area managers / supervisors and actioned within the agreed timescale. Develop expertise across the site regarding QA and Compliance processes and constraints, to continuously improve food safety, legality and quality compliance across the site. Coach Operations, Engineering and QA teams to drive the site quality culture. Drive the Food Safety Culture and KPI performance of the site.
- Co-chair the site HACCP team with the Site Technical Manager to ensure compliance to Codex principles and best practice (externally and within the group). Participate in the Artwork approval process for all retailer and own brand packaging. Attend, and where appropriate, lead 3rd Party and Customer visits and to ensure that the site is prepared for all known visits and audit ready every day. Participate in the process design, validation and implement any additional system requirements. Working closely with the Site Technical Manager, SLT and the Group Technical function, the role delivers KPI’s in line with the Group Technical plan and site strategy.
Skills and Qualifications
- Educated to at least degree level, or with a minimum of 3 years industry experience in Technical Management
- All Level 4 HACCP, Food Hygiene and Listeria Qualifications
- Experience of Retailer Codes of Practices / BRC standard
- Experience of man management and team development
- Experience of handling face to face contact with Retailers
The JFR Group Ltd act as an Employment Agency for permanent roles and an Employment Business for temporary opportunities.