Protea Recruitment New role:
Job Title: Quality Manager
Location: Newcastle (NI)
Package: £30k - £40k
As Quality Assurance Manager you will be managing the Quality and Food Safety System, its practices and implementation throughout the facilities, with primary focus being product quality and safety through operational processes.
- HND/Degree level qualification in a science or food technology.
- Formally HACCP trained.
- Proven Quality experience
- Experience Leading Audits
- Leadership skills
- Positive attitude
- Good communication
- Lead the Quality and HACCP team.
- Ensure the Quality standards are met, delivered, and maintained.
- Liaise with internal/external customers on the Quality Assurance requirements.
- Ensure good hygiene practices are met.
- Contribute to attainment & renewal of BRC Grade AA status and ensure Supplier BRC
- Certification is updated.
- Produce production / working specifications as required and identify and record any product and/or service quality problems.
- Identify any quality problems and non-conformances.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Work with the Technical Manager to ensure the technical and quality team are motivated, and fully trained on health and safety procedures (food safety).
- Support in any recruitment.
- Carry out supplier audits based on risk analysis.
- Co-ordinate internal audits including regular hygiene audits, glass audits and
- housekeeping / GMP checks.
Management & Leadership, Health& Safety
- Build a positive team spirit, by leading, motivating, coaching, and developing the Quality Team.
- Set goals and priorities for your staff, tracking, and measuring outcomes.
- Encourage staff to identify measures that will improve performance and encourage continuous improvement.
How to Apply:
Please send a copy of your CV or call John on 07809117856 for more details.
Lead consultant for this vacancy: John Small
**Protea Recruitment has authorization from our client to advertise and recruit on their behalf.
If you have not heard from one of our consultants within five working days from submission, you have not met the criteria of this vacancy set by our client and are unsuccessful in moving to the next stage.
Thanks for applying.