£32,000 - £35,000
Job ref: 8543
A widely recognised international food manufacturing company that is well established and has been producing quality foods through their passion and creativity. They offer high-quality and sophisticated culinary product ranges in the form of their own brands.
About the NPD Technologist job
The purpose of your role will be to support the NPD Department in all areas of product development, from initial concept through to launch.
- Maintaining stock of kitchen raw and non-standard raw materials, including all respective technical documentation. Liaising with Technical Administrator on raw material specifications.
- General administration work, including samples prep, taste testing, and associated documentation, specifications, recording accurate details and results.
- Maintaining a reference library of customer samples and development collect and organising samples, including production trials, shelf-life evaluations etc.
- Making up of customer formulations and attending customer meetings, both internal and external, as well as other sites. Assisting in the development of new recipes for internal evaluation during the development process as well as general kitchen and lab assistance.
- Send samples off to outside laboratories for analytical and micro testing as directed by NPD Manager.
The ideal candidate would have a tech/NPD background, as well as a degree in a food related discipline.
- Possess a good understanding of ingredients and nutrition or a keen interest in food.
- The ability to work independently using own initiative.
- A keen eye for detail, excellent numeracy, literary and computer skills.
- An excellent communicator, both verbally and written.
The NPD Technologist job is based in Worcestershire and is paying £32,000 - £35,000 according to your experience.
The package includes 32 days of annual leave inclusive of bank holidays, flexitime, company sick pay and company pension.
The working hours are 08:15 - 17:15 Monday - Thursday & 08:15 - 15:30 Friday.
Alternate job titles
New Product Development Technologist | NPD Technician | Food Product Developer | Food Product Development | Food Science Jobs | Food NPD Jobs