£35,000 - £45,000 - dependent on experience
Job ref: 8542
You will be working for an innovative and highly respected business which supplies products to major UK retailers and large foodservice groups. Importing products from EU and all over the globe plus British suppliers, they design and develop delicious meat products, keeping up to date with ever changing market trends.
About the Project Developer job
The purpose of your role will be within their growing NPD department, working on end-to-end NPD projects, from concept to launch. Working with major retailers, manufacturers and food service customers, you will be responsible for the planning and execution of projects in full. Although mainly office based, some travelling will be required.
- Oversee all aspects of samples submissions as well as assist on specification writing if required and arrange 1st production samples to be delivered before launch.
- Establish critical paths & assess customer’s critical path against suppliers’ capacity/ingredients and packaging timelines.
- Ensure all ingredients are readily available for trial and full production. Arrange and attend factory trials, UK, EU and internationally.
- Communicating trial results and sharing next steps to the relevant teams. Accurate completion of all documentation associated with NPD process (e.g. trial documents, QAS, development sheets, etc.).
- Directly communicate with key retailers through face-to-face and written interactions. Following up 1st production dates against critical path and communicating any deviation from target launch date and Conduct EPD if poor product reviews/sales post launch.
- Shop/Supermarket visits to review current and competitors’ lines. Conduct Existing Product Development (EPD) if improvement of a current line is required.
The successful candidate should have knowledge and a passion for food, excellent communication skills both written and verbally as well as computer literacy. Ideally with a background in food manufacturing and training in food hygiene although training can be provided. Flexibility with working hours is needed (when travelling).
- Two to three years’ experience working in a similar role within the food industry (other industries considered) is desirable.
- A Driving license is required for this role.
- Ability to liaise and build relationships with suppliers and customers as well as other departments.
- A keen eye for attention to detail is essential.
The Project Developer job is based in Hertfordshire and is paying £35,000 - £45,000, dependent on experience according to your experience.
The package includes a discretionary bonus, 25 days holidays plus bank holidays and an excellent career progression opportunity.
The working hours are Monday to Thursday - 9:00am to 5:30pm, Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm. Flexibility with working hours is needed for travel when required.
Alternate job titles
NPD Manager | New Product Development Manager | Senior NPD Technologist | NPD Supervisor | Senior Development Technologist | Food Development Jobs