Electrical Project Engineer (FTC) - Westbury
Location: Westbury, GB
Arla Foods UK
Electrical Project Engineer – Westbury Dairy
Days based (Monday-Friday)
2 years Fixed Term Contract
- Competitive salary
- 26 days plus bank holidays
- Annual Pay review
- Employer pension matched up to 6% (12% total contributory)
- X4 annual salary life assurance cover
- Flexible Benefits- buy up to 5 days annual leave, reward gateway scheme- discounts with various retailers via my benefit platform.
- Strong career development & training (internal and external training)
Our Westbury site are looking for an Electrical Project Engineer to support in the implementation and delivery of complex CAPEX Projects on a 2-year fixed term contract (Note: this has potential to be extended by a further 6-12 months dependant on strategic capital spend plan/timing).
Reporting directly into the Site Engineering Projects Manager, this position will involve liaison between Operations and Engineering at all phases of a project, from initial conception to commissioning, training and handover. Effective communications at all levels are essential for the role.
Day to day responsibilities will include; extensive management & effective control of contractors, making sure RAMS and PTW are in place before work commences (will require on site attendance/GEMBA walks on a daily basis, including CDM).
- Positively contribute specialist knowledge in the developing the scope, specification of designated projects to ensure the most appropriate solutions are identified for development
- Experience in running, implementation and delivery of the Electrical Package of CAPEX Projects, interfacing with the Mechanical Engineer and Projects Manager.
- Experience in electrical equipment design, specification, preparing cable schedules, installation of control panels to commissioning and handover.
- Experience of preparing electrical URS, FDS, drawings approvals on all electrical / controls aspects of the project
- To prepare /support preparation of key milestone roadmap for projects and agree outages / secure agreement for impact on production schedules aligned to P&L obligations.
- Routine processes to be established to cover QFS with QEHS, facilitate and ensure equipment returned to operations fit for use throughout the project period
- Responsible for managing specific tasks within a project, within defined parameters of cost, time, scope and quality of outcome.
- Collaborate with external agencies and internal and external stakeholders to ensure that all relevant legislation, Arla Standards and best practice is complied with.
- Develop, align and manage construction and installation phases including H&S controls, phased works sequencing and interfacing projects with site operations.
- Leading the process of continuous business anchoring of the project through close dialogue with the project sponsors and key stakeholders, including leading URS development sessions, team briefings, issuing bulletin updates etc
- Ensuring that the Arla Foods project processes are followed and that the appropriate tools and systems are used to report and document changes and results throughout the project.
- Support site operations through project commissioning / start-up phases.
- Ensure smooth and efficient project completion through liaison with key stakeholders, suppliers, the management of snagging processes and the collation of operation and maintenance information.
- Ensure that all important knowledge/results from projects are documented and protected and used for the continuous improvement of project delivery.
Background/experience & key skills
- Qualified Electrical Engineer: Degree/HNC/ONC/18th Edition/Apprenticeship
- Automation & Controls experience, control panels, HMI, PLC, drives, sensors
- LV knowledge, cabling design, installation, cable schedules, motor control, MC
- Demonstrable evidence of a good level of General Dairy Science & food safety knowledge, with specific detailed knowledge of milk powder and butter manufacturing processes
- Demonstrable evidence of a good working knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and practice (including IOSH Managing Safely, PUWER, UKCA, ATEX)
- Demonstrable evidence of a good level of written and verbal communication skills, including report writing, public speaking, supplier discussions and negotiations
- Demonstrable evidence of a good level of planning and organisational skills within group or projects environments
- Demonstrable evidence of effective team leadership and contractor management
- Demonstrable evidence of effective stakeholder management to ensure aligned commitment to specific & defined outcomes
- Demonstrable evidence of a working with a continuous improvement mindset
- Effectively drive volume growth and Future 26 strategies
- Inspection and Test C+G
- AMTECH / E Plan design
- Machinery Safety Knowledge TUV
Things we’d love to tell you about our Westbury site
- Arla Westbury is the home of Anchor butter and the largest butter and drying plant in the UK
- Milk powder & butter from Westbury are exported all over the world, with Westbury Powder being used within several brand name confectionaries and desserts
- At peak times, Westbury is consuming 5% of the UK’s milk- that’s the milk from every 1 in 20 cows from the whole of the UK
Things We’d Love To Tell You About Arla
- We are a farmer- owned cooperative. That means we are committed to partnering with farmers so they are guaranteed a fair price for their milk.
- We experimented with poo powered trucks (google it- you won’t regret it), and built the world’s first ever 100% carbon neutral dairy. All as part of our ongoing commitment to combatting climate change.
- We are the producer of Lurpak, one of the world’s most iconic butter brands.
- We are a Danish business, operating across the UK, Europe, Asia, The Middle East, North America, South America and other regions across the globe
Please apply using the link.
Please note we are not partnered with any recruitment agencies for this role. We kindly ask that recruitment agencies do not submit CVs on behalf of candidates for this role, as these CVs will not be considered under the agency ownership and if Arla does progress with any such candidate, this will not amount to acceptance of the agency's terms. We encourage interested individuals to apply directly through our official channels.
We have a purpose for Good
At Arla, we strive to unlock the highest potential in each other while working together to create a sustainable future of dairy. We call it Stronger People Stronger Planet and it is deeply anchored in our organisation and founded on our commitment to respecting human rights, increasing access to healthy dairy nutrition, inspiring good food habits, and improving the environment for future generations. In order to succeed we need to hire people with a sustainable mindset. Could this be you?
BEWARE! RECRUITMENT FRAUD
It has come to our attention that there are a number of fraudulent emails and fake recruitment campaigns on the internet from people purporting to work for Arla Foods. Learn more via this link.