Do you have experience in Health and Safety Management and have completed your NEBOSH?Are you good with people and available immediately to make an impact on a growing business in Food Manufacturing?
Reed have been briefed to recruit on behalf of a large Food Manufacturing business to recruit for an SHE Manager on an initial 6 month Fixed Term Contract. The role will suit an experienced Health and safety professional, who is keen on being able to make a genuine difference on the health and safety standards of a food production site.
Please do read on to find more details on the role and person specification:Job description:
* Create, develop and maintain the Health and Safety Management System, and ensure that it is implemented consistently across the business.
* Monitor, evaluate and review existing, new, and upcoming Health and Safety legislation and ensure that the business has systems and procedures in place to meet legal compliance and keep its people safe.
* Work proactively with managers and other key staff to establish and maintain a programme of continuous improvement in the management of Health and Safety within their areas of responsibility. Conduct regular audits and inspections throughout the business, prioritising high-risk areas and activities.
* Provide comprehensive and relevant information and training on Health and Safety systems and procedures, including advising on equipment purchase and workplace practices.
* Develop and maintain an Inspection Register to ensure all required checks are conducted and identified actions completed to ensure compliance with legal requirements.
* Develop and maintain the Accident Reporting procedure to ensure timely, accurate and detailed reporting of all accidents, incidents and near misses, completion of robust and thorough investigations, clear identification of root causes and that appropriate control measures are put in place.Person specification:
* Excellent communication skills for confident and professional liaison with internal and external customers and stakeholders
* Confident leader and self-starter with the ability and enthusiasm to proactively drive change and continuous improvement
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to engage employees at all levels
* Ability to work under pressure and make confident decisions within tight timescales
* Influencing and negotiation skills within all areas of the business and as required in areas of non-conformance and to promote a positive, proactive Health & Safety cultureQualifications:
If you are available at short notice, have the correct experience and background to work in this exciting opportunity, please do apply at your earliest convenience to be considered for an immediate interview.