£55,000 - £60,000
Job ref: 8568
An exciting position has become available working for a successful and dynamic food business that manufactures high-end products.
They work closely with their customers to develop an innovative, great-tasting product range and have an excellent reputation for the supply of retailer brands, working very closely with the leading UK supermarkets and food manufacturers.
About the Technical Manager job
The purpose of your role will be to manage the core business processes such as Site and Operating Procedures whilst heading up a bank of customer accounts including one major retailer and one manufacturer.
- Lead / assist (as required) in the successful delivery of 3rd party audits e.g., BRC.
- Work closely with the quality team focusing on “Right First Time” approach and driving consistent quality across the product portfolio.
- Day-to-day management and responsibility for two technologists.
- Improving processes e.g., Site and Operating Procedures, waste & feasibility, and changes to the Codes of Practices for suppliers and then relaying the effects onto the Quality Assurance team.
- Resolving and responding to any escalated issues from customer accounts.
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated individual with a solid technical / QA track record within food manufacturing.
Educated to a degree level in a food science discipline, you will be a natural team leader, have high attention to detail and be customer focused. You will also be Food Safety and HACCP qualified plus ideally Lead Auditor.
You will be able to demonstrate working knowledge of raw material & packaging specifications, factory technical management, retailer customer requirements, hosting food safety audits, BRC, QMS and HACCP.
The Technical Manager job is based in Berkshire and is paying £55,000 - £60,000 according to your experience.
The package includes a bonus scheme, 31 days holiday, life insurance, employee assistance program, bereavement leave, company and employee events, free flu jabs, referral program, sickness pay, wellness program, company pension and free / discounted products.
The working hours are Monday to Friday office hours.
Alternate job titles
Head of Technical | QA Manager | Quality Assurance Manager | Senior Quality Manager | Food Manufacturing Technical Management Jobs | Food Safety Jobs