PepsiCo is looking for a General Operator
to join our Walkers site in Skelmersdale!
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $79 billion in net revenue in 2021, driven by a complementary beverage and convenient foods portfolio that includes Lay's, Doritos, Cheetos, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Mountain Dew, Quaker, and SodaStream. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including many iconic brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Beverages and Convenient Foods by Winning with PepsiCo Positive (pep+). pep+ is our strategic end-to-end transformation that puts sustainability and human capital at the center of how we will create value and growth by operating within planetary boundaries and inspiring positive change for planet and people. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.Position summary: Salary:
£29,475.56 per annum (inclusive of shift allowance), after successfully completing your probation period pay will increase (inclusive shift premium) Benefits:
23 days holiday (with the option to buy/sell holiday), Competitive Pension Scheme, PPE provided by the business, Staff discount shop, Cycle to work scheme, Subsidized Canteen, Long Service Rewards Working Hours:
12 hour continental shifts, based on a 3/2 pattern across nights and days. This will include workings weekends and bank holidays. Location:
Pennine Place, Skelmersdale, WN8 9QFAbout the job:
Our General Operators work in a range of areas including: Packaging, Process, Multipack and Services. In Process, you could be involved with inspection duties, manual handing, automation tasks carrying out housekeeping duties or carrying out laboratory tests. In Packaging & Multipack, you'll be part of a team packing product, operating and checking machinery and carrying out important quality checks. In Services you will be supporting the line by providing raw materials, quality checks and dealing with waste segregation to support our environmental commitment. What we offer:
At PepsiCo we are committed to the development of our people. You will receive comprehensive training for the General Operator role and will be supported during your probationary period to achieve the required standard. Those with a passion to progress will have the opportunity for further development to enhance their career within the wider PepsiCo business. The HomeGrown Programme is a development programme solely targeted at our frontline employees. Successful applicants will be supported in their chosen career path with an advanced apprenticeship standard e.g. Technical route General Operator, Manufacturing Technician and Leadership route to Coordinator.
We pride ourselves on our superb work force, and the Job security we offer our employees. The people in this business genuinely care about doing a great job! We have a common goal - strive to continuously improve our business performance and our own personal development. With the majority of our vacancies being filled internally, we are continually developing and encouraging our employees to push themselves further and offer them support with their continual learning. Career progression is incredibly important to us and we provide great opportunities to grow a long term career. PepsiCo as a Global business can offer worldwide opportunities
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with the Equality Act 2010, we value diversity at our company; it is an essential part of our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, pregnancy or maternity, marital/civil partnerships, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, disability or race including; colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin.
- Operating and setting machinery whilst being accountable for a number of pieces of equipment, ensuring they are health and Safety compliant, at a set standard and identifying when they are not
- Understanding the cause for any drops in standards with machinery, along with the impact of this and how to rectify issues
- Understanding and interpreting numerical data and confidently communicating verbally and in written form machine performance
- Cover for colleagues absence as and when necessary
- Maintaining high safety, hygiene and housekeeping standards
- Proactively escalating for assistance from wider shift team where necessary if issues occur outside of the General Operator remit
Preferred (but not essential) Qualifications:
- Confident communicator with a positive self-starter attitude who is conscientious and focused on results
- Ability to work as part of a team and willingness to learn how to operate equipment in an autonomous role
- Basic numerical, reading, analytical and computer skills
- Organised and methodical person, but not afraid of working under pressure
- Flexible and proactive person with the ability to solve basic problems
- Experience within a manufacturing environment
- A technical understanding and familiarity of machinery