Closing date: 6th November 2023
For the successfully shortlisted candidates, interviews will take place 13th, 14th and 15th November 2023 in Burton Latimer with a presentation. We are hoping to onboard before end of December 2023.
We really appreciate agency support when we require it, however for this role our TA team do not require additional assistance.
We are always looking to enhance our current teams with diverse skills, experience and backgrounds; so if your skills and experience look a little different and you believe you can add value to the role and/or Weetabix, then we would love you to drop us your CV or apply! No candidate will ever meet 100% of the desired qualifications, skills and/ or experience, but we are ambitious to attract the right talent for how we want our business to grow.
You might not be right for the role, yet but we are always looking for talented people!
We have an opportunity to join our Quality Technician team as a materials Intake Technician. The purpose of this role is to assess the suitability of incoming raw materials through sampling, inspection and testing; to ensure they are fit for use and take first line actions to manage non-conformances. This role also plays a key role in helping to drive continuous improvement. Deputise for Quality Manager when required projects.
What you will do
- Obtain, check and record Certificates of Analysis to ensure compliance and full traceability
- Release ingredients to the BU via the ERP system
- Sample raw materials as required for the risk-based monitoring and testing programmes
- Drive improvement of consistent quality of raw materials through assessment and testing
- Liaise with Supply Chain where availability may impact on customer service levels
- Ensure all relevant stages of the ingredients trial process are followed
- Support Materials Quality Team with due diligence administration
- Support holds and concession processes by sampling and testing where required
- Adhere to safety and housekeeping standards; promptly report any unsafe practices, near-misses, or potential hazards
- Assist in all traceability audits as required, e.g., WSFS, BRC and customer audits
What you will need - Technical / professional qualifications (Non- negotiables)
- Food Safety
- Allergen and Pest Management
- Able to demonstrate experience in quality or food safety role
- Good understanding of materials testing and specifications
- Ability to Interact with stakeholders at different levels
- Ability to make decisions and understand the impact and urgency of them
- Great planning, organizational, time-management and communication skills
- Ability to deputise for the Quality Manager
- Experience with an FMCG business
- Experience with an FMCG business
What's great about Weetabix!
This role, as with most of our roles at Weetabix, will be offering a hybrid/flexible work pattern, with “Weetabix Wednesdays” in the office for all office-based employees and the requirement to attend key meetings face-to-face.
The opportunities for personal development and progression are only limited by what you want to do! You will be working for a company that drives a learning culture where people can focus on their personal and professional development. When in the office, you’ll find as much Weetabix, Alpen, Weetos and Ready Brek (to name a few) as you could possibly eat!
There’s also a comprehensive flexible benefits package including all the good stuff you’d expect with a double matched pension, competitive salary and other great lifestyle benefits available.
Please Note: Our company policy is not to advertise salaries as we want to benchmark all candidates based on skills and experience that need to be evidenced upon application and screening. Check out our website for more information: https://weetabixfoodcompany.co.uk/careers/
Inclusion without exception
Our differences ‘Make the Difference’ and have a ‘Brilliant People’ culture where we believe that our people can do their best work when they can bring their best selves to work every day.
We value diversity, as it sparks creativity, innovation, and ultimately better business performance.
We recruit and develop people who are best suited to the requirements of the role on offer and our talent and succession programmes are grounded in ensuring that ‘Talent Matters’ and everyone has an equal opportunity to succeed and are supported to fulfil their unique potential.
By joining our team, you will be part of helping ensure we continue our ‘Inclusion without Exception’ journey and help ‘Make the Difference’.