JOB TITLE: Senior Manager of Learning and Development
LOCATION: Haddenham, UK (Hybrid)
McCormick & Company, Inc., a global leader in the spice, flavour, and seasonings industry, is seeking a full-time Senior Manager of Learning and Development. This new hire will work in a hybrid capacity at our location in Haddenham, UK. The Senior Manager of Learning and Development will report to a Director Global Learning and Development.
Under the Direction of Global Learning Director, the Senior Manager of Learning and Development collaborates with HR & the business to develop, design, and implement learning programs that bridge the gap between current behavioural and leadership workforce competencies and new competencies needed. Formulates, designs, and implements programs to support global talent management objectives and accelerate capability throughout the organization.
The Senior Manager simultaneously manages multiple complex and high impact projects that have global, long-range organizational reach. Delivers/facilitates classroom or virtually instructor-led training and coaches’ application of skills for leadership development, also ensuring team intervention as needed. Supports and develops dynamic and engaging communication strategies to drive users and compliance. Measures and reports on program success.
- Contributing to learning strategy and objectives. Consulting with business executives to understand and anticipate their needs and ensure global alignment of learning and development initiatives - Is the Learning point of contact globally.
- Managing portfolio of global learning projects in alignment with Business and Talent Management objectives.
- Overseeing learning and development leadership curriculum design/evolution, operations, standards, and selection of learning technologies, including synchronous and asynchronous eLearning, ensuring continuity & cumulative skills building from the Informal, Emerging and Executive Leadership program levels. Ensuring those programs are visible, understood, and successful through clear measures
- Selecting, managing external contractors as needed – Own Train the trainer approach to develop internal trainers- Indirectly coaching/mentoring global learning and development professionals with less experience.
- Supporting Global Learning Director in driving Functional Learning Integration.
- Leading a global network of McCormick Learning & Development/HR professionals involved in learning and development to share best practices and coordinate global initiatives - Global Learning Network.
- Acting as the Process owner for LDC Budgeting, Forecasting and Control.
- Bachelor’s Degree in ISD, OD, Psychology, Business, Education.
- Strong and proven experience with significant direct learning and development or organizational development experience. This includes substantial experience in leading project teams and/or staff of training resources and developing projects with broad/global scope and reach Demonstrated experience with strategic planning and forging global alliances.
- Excellent consulting, negotiation, presentation, and customer service skills; able to influence able to influence without direct authority.
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external business partners, including academic institutions, external consortiums and workforce development boards, and other professional organizations.
- Proficiency in coaching for enhanced performance and mentors for career development.
- Ability to effectively operate in a cross-cultural environments and work with global customers.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With over 14,000 employees around the world and more than $6 Billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets, and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers.
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 60 locations in 25 countries and 170 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz in the UK.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies.