Do you have experience in Health and Safety Management and have completed your NEBOSH?Are you interested in becoming a Health and Safety Manager for one of the UK's most recognisable food brands?
Reed have been briefed to recruit on behalf of a large Food Manufacturing business to recruit for an SHE Manager on a permanent basis. The role will suit an experienced Health and safety professional, who is keen on being able to make a genuine difference on the health and safety standards of a food production site, whilst adding value to current and future processes.
Please do read on to find more details on the role and person specification:Health and Safety Manager
£55,000-£65,000 per annum + Car Allowance + Bonus
- Provide advice and support to the site in the planning, measuring, reviewing, and auditing on SHE activities, in line with up-to-date legislation, to meet legal requirements, and company policies and procedures in line with SMT / Site / Business and group strategy.
- Managing the SHE function contributing to continuous improvement projects, whist ensuring SHE requirements are still met this includes support for staff to ensure delivery of objectives.
- Providing strategies to plan and organize work systems to reduce SHE associated risks and recommending suitable adaptations to plant, machinery and processes.
- Maintaining Employer's Liability & other records to ensure confidentiality and compliance with GDPR.
- Implementing and monitoring accident and incident investigation, reporting and analysis with real focus on trends utilising available data to drive a positive performance on a continual basis.
- Ensure robust reporting regimes are in place for SHE statistics and KPI's to both the site senior management team and Group function.
- Active participation in the group steering committee.
- Development of site safety strategy with regular updates to the site SLT and group functions
- Assessing and advising on the effectiveness of any proposed control measures deemed necessary to protect human and environmental health and safety.
- Previous experience within management / head of SHE role within Food manufacturing working alongside senior functional leaders.
- Extensive knowledge of Health and Safety law and proven track record of implementation and maintenance of these processes to ensure compliance.
- Expert knowledge of best practice, Industry standards and implementation of these with a clear understanding on how to tap into industry wide best practice.
- Good knowledge of Environmental / Sustainability practices with the ability to adopt and implement.
- Understanding on how local Government departments work and the ability to proactively engage to develop a good working relationship with key stakeholders.
- Agile - thinking and behaviours.
- Previous People Management experience including individual's development.
- NEBOSH / ISO 45001 / ISO 14001/ IOSH / HACCP (desired)
If you are available at short notice, have the correct experience and background to work in this exciting opportunity, please do apply at your earliest convenience to be considered for an immediate interview.