We are working with a well-respected business who have over 100 years experience in their industry. They are searching for a new Warehouse Supervisor to support their Warehouse team and be a key contributor within the business.
As a Warehouse Supervisor, you will lead a small team in the dispatch/warehouse area of our clients business and take overall responsibility for ensuring all day-to-day activities are completed in a timely manner. You will oversee a team of packers preparing and shipping orders for delivery through our fleet of refrigerated vans. You are expected to provide a high level of service and communication with a focus on customer satisfaction.
• Booking orders from e-mails received in the production office
• Experience and knowledge of warehouse operations to effectively manage designated areas to provide an excellent level of customer service
• Ability to book in orders, programme relevant jobs for the production staff to fulfil orders using company internal software, print and apply labels associated to the orders
• Ability to coordinate and delegate within a team whilst remaining operationally hands-on
• A methodical approach and the ability to prioritize workload and tasks
• An understanding of, and ability to apply warehouse, health & safety rules in line with food industry regulations
• Dealing with customer queries relating to both potential and existing orders
• Provide administrative warehouse support to the team, including clerical tasks such as filing, data entry, etc.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal with excellent attention to detail
• Manage a small team of production operatives, delivery drivers and dispatch operators
• Report directly to the factory Manager any issues that could affect our operational delivery service or production
• Previous warehouse, dispatch, and administration experience is essential
• Understanding of production and warehouse environments in a medium to large manufacturing organization advantageous
• Work well within a small team
• Excellent communication skills
• Able to cope with the demands of a busy dispatch/warehouse environment
• Have high levels of flexibility and be able to cope with short lead times while maintaining conformance to specifications and requirements
• Have a good understanding of warehouse management systems
• A good understanding of reporting and recording performance statistics
• The ability to identify and evaluate potential risks and develop solutions
• Excellent relationship-building skills
• An innovative approach to leadership – being creative and implementing new ways to improve performance
Ref Code: CV41261
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.