Quality Assurance Specialist
Job ref: 8506
This trendy company create original products made with natural plant-based ingredients. They are a small and close-knit team based in London and care deeply about food, provenance & quality. They are consistently striving to create much loved food with a desire to become part of nationwide weekly cooking rituals.
About the Quality Assurance Specialist role
The purpose of the Quality Assurance Specialist will be to monitor the quality and day to day activity, with accountability for supervising quality control and assurance in all aspects of production. Ensure compliance with all programs, company procedures and continuous improvement within the facility in relation to food safety, HACCP, legal requirements, and customer expectations. You shall take responsibility for the management of the QC Technician activities, ensuring compliance within the production area.
- Oversee the execution of quality on standards and routine processes, raw materials and finished products and supervise the process for identifying and reporting of non-conformance.
- Ensure that the Head of the Dep. is updated on all identified issues and assist Head of the Dep. with the preparation of budgeting.
- Maintain the pest control program and assist in mock recall and traceability testing alongside internal auditing.
- Supervise the QA Technicians to ensure they are focused and proactive to highlight quality issues as well as organizing routines and activities for QAs.
- Ensure that the QA Technicians are integrated and aligned with optional practice training.
- Experience in a quality/technical role for a food manufacturer, preferably in both high and low care facilities.
- Ideally a degree in food technology or similar and Food Safety Level 3, HACCP Level 3.
- A background as an internal auditor would be ideal.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills or equivalent in a work-related environment.
The Quality Assurance Specialist job is based in West London and is paying c.£35,000 according to your experience.
The working hours are Monday to Friday 9am-6pm.
Alternate job titles
QA Technician| Quality Assurance Auditor | Quality Auditor | Quality Assistant | QA Assistant | Quality Assurance Technician | Food Industry Technical QA Jobs