£28,000 - £32,000
Job ref: 8474
The business provides scientific, technical, and legislative support to the food and beverage industries worldwide. The practical application of technical excellence lies at the heart of all they do and is supported by their industry-leading facilities, expertise, and knowledge.
About the Process Engineer job
The purpose of your role will be providing technical inputs in both processing work and process modelling services in order to develop new services.
- Secure and deliver new technologies for services the business can sell. This includes setting up and executing trials and training to understand the technology and refine the market opportunity.
- Support with the development and delivery of the innovation pipeline which can secure future services for the business.
- Secure and deliver opportunities for the business in food factories, engineering, and modelling related services.
- Apply for and manage successful government tender projects.
- Support on insights gathering and communication back to the business on opportunities.
- Interpretation of results, preparation of reports or presentations internally and externally on technology developments.
The ideal candidate of Graduate caliber should have a background in the application of process engineering principles (or related discipline) to the food industry. A solid grounding in the principles of food preservation is essential, previous knowledge of emerging preservation technologies would be an advantage.
- Effective project management skills from recent experience.
- A working knowledge of different modelling techniques and some experience with developing models for manufacturing processes would be desirable.
- Good verbal and communication skills to form good business relationships and to develop new services.
- Good communication abilities to work with clients and help to articulate good technical solutions to meet their needs.
The Process Engineer job is based in West Midlands and is paying £28,000 - £32,000 according to your experience.
The working hours are Monday – Friday, office hours.