Renowned for its expertise in a highly desirable product area, this fast-growing premium manufacturer of delicious, sweet products for the retail and food service market, operates from a state-of-the-art BRC grade A site.
As a seasoned senior manufacturing engineering manager with a strong project manager background, you will successfully lead all site based engineering activities, ensuring efficient, on-target production by maintenance of assets and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Oversee and Project Manager all CAPEX for new site installations and equipment
- Plan, agree and monitor maintenance expenditure. Communicate with production to ensure planned maintenance, engineering and production priorities are considered.
- To source new/used machinery for the factory for either continuous improvements or for an individual project i.e. NPD.
- Manage planned preventative maintenance records and ensure the matrix is kept up to date.
- Plan and Manage machinery/site contractors ensuring the matrix is kept up to date.
- Working with Maintenance Engineer in ensuring reactive maintenance of all components of machinery has been carried out.
- Agree with the Maintenance Engineer on performance expectations and agree on KPI's, identifying areas for improvement and manage performance
- Ensure that all H&S procedures, engineering best practices are adhered to at all times
- Responsible for Health & Safety induction training
- Ensure safe working practices are understood and maintained by increasing awareness to reduce accidents and near misses
- Undertake Accident and Near Miss investigations
- Carry out risk assessments and ensure they are actioned
- Electrical and Mechanical Engineering knowledge
- Apprenticeship / HNC / HND / ONC level of qualification within an engineering discipline
- Some experience of working within a manufacturing site, ideally food manufacturing is preferred
- Good communication skills
- Driven, self-motivated and flexible
- Positive attitude towards work colleagues
Ref Code: FMW39382
To apply or for more information, please e-mail in strict confidence, with an updated CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of James Constable or call 020 8203 1000.
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.